PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MobileMe Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79735)

Carla 08-16-2009 09:20 PM

MobileMe Question

Hey all,

I have a question for you iPhone folks that use MobileMe....

We purchased this for my little sister as a gift for her new iPhone, and when she tries to I guess sync everything it tells her it is going to erase all her contacts from her phone, and replace them with the stuff form the website....This is all well and good but there is nothing on the website yet since she hasn't initially synced it to get anything there. I was thinking it was like MyPhone for us WM users.

Will her phone be erased and will she have no way to recover her contacts after this process? I just want to know if we wasted $99 on something she won't use.....Thanks in advance for any information yall have.

codybear 08-17-2009 01:10 AM

Re: MobileMe Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1105479)
Hey all,

I have a question for you iPhone folks that use MobileMe....

We purchased this for my little sister as a gift for her new iPhone, and when she tries to I guess sync everything it tells her it is going to erase all her contacts from her phone, and replace them with the stuff form the website....This is all well and good but there is nothing on the website yet since she hasn't initially synced it to get anything there. I was thinking it was like MyPhone for us WM users.

Will her phone be erased and will she have no way to recover her contacts after this process? I just want to know if we wasted $99 on something she won't use.....Thanks in advance for any information yall have.

WOW!!! A Hundred dollars on a backup app.
Another reason to hate the iphone. hehe.
Sorry Carla, couldn't resist.

School starts up again tomorrow,
and I know a few people that have an iphone there,
so I'll see if they've ever used that app.

Untill then, I figured what the hey, I'm just helpin ya out and bumping your thread to the top. ;)

Carla 08-17-2009 01:18 AM

Haha, I know it was expensive...But she wanted it and we owed her a gift so she got it :)

I really would appreciate it if you would ask some folks, but I doubt anyone else at school has paid the money LOL!! You never know though...

drift365 08-17-2009 10:47 PM

there might be an option on the website that would allow the ones on the phone to overwrite the website.

Carla 08-18-2009 12:02 AM

I didn't see one, I spent a while trying to figure it out with her :( I even tried instructional videos on youtube and the guy was like "it will ask you if it's ok to delete your contacts, if your ok with that then proceed" LOL!! I was like thanks genius, lots o' help you were :)

CyberMonkey 09-28-2009 10:40 AM

Well, if you do a backup in iTunes, sync with MobileME, then if it does erase perform a restore from that backup (that will add all the contacts back to the phone)

Carla 09-28-2009 11:56 AM

That sounds like a pain, how do I back it up to iTunes? Does it do it automatically?

CyberMonkey 09-28-2009 06:47 PM

Open up iTunes and connect the phone. Right click on the name of the phone (that is on the left side of iTunes), choose "backup"

CyberMonkey 10-09-2009 02:48 PM

CarlaDarla,
Did you get everything squared away?

Carla 10-13-2009 05:38 PM

Yes, I did! Thank you so much for your help :)

MordyT 10-13-2009 10:08 PM

So...what was the answer?

Biker1 10-14-2009 02:09 AM

We know there was a way to do a Backup, but we don't if the contacts got erased?

CyberMonkey 10-14-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 1236567)
We know there was a way to do a Backup, but we don't if the contacts got erased?

I simply suggested backing up the phone in iTunes before syncing with MobileMe, that way if MobileMe deleted the contacts, then they could simple restore from the backup and the contacts shall be back on the phone....

Biker1 10-14-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 1236865)
I simply suggested backing up the phone in iTunes before syncing with MobileMe, that way if MobileMe deleted the contacts, then they could simple restore from the backup and the contacts shall be back on the phone....

My comment was relating to MordyT's comment, which I took to mean he wanted to know what the answer was relating to the contacts, that was referred to in the first post. I think he was asking CarlaDarla :)

Carla 10-15-2009 12:07 AM

I'm lost and it was my question LOL!!

Biker1 10-15-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1238122)
I'm lost and it was my question LOL!!

LMAO!
Were the contacts lost, when your sister synced with MobileMe?
and if so, were they restored using CyberMonkey's suggestion?

Carla 10-15-2009 11:04 PM

No, they weren't lost. It was all a scare tactic!!

Biker1 10-15-2009 11:21 PM

Good to hear.
I think the site going down is due to your thread, as when I went to post in it, the site went down :mrgreen:

Carla 10-15-2009 11:39 PM

LMAO!! Too many views for my thread huh, or to few?? You be the judge LOL :)

Biker1 10-15-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1239314)
LMAO!! Too many views for my thread huh, or to few?? You be the judge LOL :)

LMAO2!
I think this thread confused the Sh*t out of PPCGeeks and it couldn't take it anymore lol!
Like when Captain Kirk Confused the Crap out of Nomad, and they Transported it into Outer, Outer Space :mrgreen:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Changeling.jpg

Certs 10-15-2009 11:48 PM

Most probably opened this thread thinking 'wtf carla got an iphone???' haha

Carla 10-15-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 1239324)

Ok, so I am showing my age....What the heck is a Nomad and Kirk???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certs (Post 1239328)
Most probably opened this thread thinking 'wtf carla got an iphone???' haha

LMAO!! Good point Certs :mrgreen: I haven't gone to the darkside, but if Sprint doesn't start acting right like within the next day anything is possible!! :twisted:

Biker1 10-16-2009 12:07 AM

@CarlaDarla
Originally Posted by Biker1 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...y/viewpost.gif

Captain Kirk, you know, from Star Trek. The Original Star Trek :)
Nomad was a Robot that was roaming thru space for thousands? of years. The Enterprise spotted it, and beamed it aboard. Nomad thought that Kirk was it's Creator. Nomad started to act violent and kill off some crew members.
Kirk tried to keeep Nomad in control, and because Nomad thought that Kirk was its Creator, it listened................for awhile.
Since Nomad was a Machine, and believed it was Perfection, Kirk was able to Confuse Nomad by telling Nomad that he was created by a Human, so therefore, it could not be Perfect. While Nomad was pondering that thought and losing its Mind doing so, Kirk and Spock put the Graviton Straps on him and led him to the Transporter.
They then Transported Nomad into Deep Outer Space.
Everyone was safe.
THE END :)

Hey, you asked :mrgreen:

CyberMonkey 12-07-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 1239399)
@CarlaDarla
Originally Posted by Biker1 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...y/viewpost.gif

Captain Kirk, you know, from Star Trek. The Original Star Trek :)
Nomad was a Robot that was roaming thru space for thousands? of years. The Enterprise spotted it, and beamed it aboard. Nomad thought that Kirk was it's Creator. Nomad started to act violent and kill off some crew members.
Kirk tried to keeep Nomad in control, and because Nomad thought that Kirk was its Creator, it listened................for awhile.
Since Nomad was a Machine, and believed it was Perfection, Kirk was able to Confuse Nomad by telling Nomad that he was created by a Human, so therefore, it could not be Perfect. While Nomad was pondering that thought and losing its Mind doing so, Kirk and Spock put the Graviton Straps on him and led him to the Transporter.
They then Transported Nomad into Deep Outer Space.
Everyone was safe.
THE END :)

Hey, you asked :mrgreen:

Alot of sci-fi shows can be summed up with that summary...interesting huh?