PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MobileMe Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79735)

Carla 08-16-2009 09:20 PM

MobileMe Question

Hey all,

I have a question for you iPhone folks that use MobileMe....

We purchased this for my little sister as a gift for her new iPhone, and when she tries to I guess sync everything it tells her it is going to erase all her contacts from her phone, and replace them with the stuff form the website....This is all well and good but there is nothing on the website yet since she hasn't initially synced it to get anything there. I was thinking it was like MyPhone for us WM users.

Will her phone be erased and will she have no way to recover her contacts after this process? I just want to know if we wasted $99 on something she won't use.....Thanks in advance for any information yall have.

codybear 08-17-2009 01:10 AM

Re: MobileMe Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1105479)
Hey all,

I have a question for you iPhone folks that use MobileMe....

We purchased this for my little sister as a gift for her new iPhone, and when she tries to I guess sync everything it tells her it is going to erase all her contacts from her phone, and replace them with the stuff form the website....This is all well and good but there is nothing on the website yet since she hasn't initially synced it to get anything there. I was thinking it was like MyPhone for us WM users.

Will her phone be erased and will she have no way to recover her contacts after this process? I just want to know if we wasted $99 on something she won't use.....Thanks in advance for any information yall have.

WOW!!! A Hundred dollars on a backup app.
Another reason to hate the iphone. hehe.
Sorry Carla, couldn't resist.

School starts up again tomorrow,
and I know a few people that have an iphone there,
so I'll see if they've ever used that app.

Untill then, I figured what the hey, I'm just helpin ya out and bumping your thread to the top. ;)

Carla 08-17-2009 01:18 AM

Haha, I know it was expensive...But she wanted it and we owed her a gift so she got it :)

I really would appreciate it if you would ask some folks, but I doubt anyone else at school has paid the money LOL!! You never know though...

drift365 08-17-2009 10:47 PM

there might be an option on the website that would allow the ones on the phone to overwrite the website.

Carla 08-18-2009 12:02 AM

I didn't see one, I spent a while trying to figure it out with her :( I even tried instructional videos on youtube and the guy was like "it will ask you if it's ok to delete your contacts, if your ok with that then proceed" LOL!! I was like thanks genius, lots o' help you were :)

CyberMonkey 09-28-2009 10:40 AM

Well, if you do a backup in iTunes, sync with MobileME, then if it does erase perform a restore from that backup (that will add all the contacts back to the phone)

Carla 09-28-2009 11:56 AM

That sounds like a pain, how do I back it up to iTunes? Does it do it automatically?

CyberMonkey 09-28-2009 06:47 PM

Open up iTunes and connect the phone. Right click on the name of the phone (that is on the left side of iTunes), choose "backup"

CyberMonkey 10-09-2009 02:48 PM

CarlaDarla,
Did you get everything squared away?

Carla 10-13-2009 05:38 PM

Yes, I did! Thank you so much for your help :)