PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   yet another iphone link... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79203)

orangekid 08-13-2009 08:27 AM

yet another iphone link...

http://tech.msn.com/products/article...entid=21028950

nothing we didn't already know (except I didn't know you can't attach files to emails), but just reaffirms the "cool" iphone.

Noir 08-13-2009 08:33 AM

Re: yet another iphone link...

I mean both phones are cool its just they have their weaknesses. can we give it a rest/

orangekid 08-13-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1098399)
I mean both phones are cool its just they have their weaknesses. can we give it a rest/

Just info for people who may want to get one, I'm not trying to overly bash the phone or tell anyone they're an idiot for having one.

skimco 09-15-2009 09:17 PM

Wow noir says give it a rest and then he is posting how bored he is with his iPhone....my mission is to educate my fellow ppcgeekers who I once visited everyday....." swallow your windows mobile pride and GO buy an iPhone!!!!" we now return to our regularly scheduled denial.....

skimco 09-15-2009 09:25 PM

Oh now I read your link ....um everything that guy complains about has an easy to use cracked app....oh and did I mention Its FREE

DaPeeps 09-19-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skimco (Post 1168554)
Wow noir says give it a rest and then he is posting how bored he is with his iPhone....my mission is to educate my fellow ppcgeekers who I once visited everyday....." swallow your windows mobile pride and GO buy an iPhone!!!!" we now return to our regularly scheduled denial.....

Agreed...I recently took the plunge and switched from my touch pro ti a 16GB 3GS. I am so happy I did and dont look back at all. The iPhone gets a bad rep in these forums, and its completley unwarranted. I was the same way...I talked crap about it too...but when it comes down to it...the iphone is an AWESOME device

syanni85 09-19-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skimco (Post 1168554)
" swallow your windows mobile pride and GO buy a PALM PRE!!!!" we now return to our regularly scheduled denial.....

There you go... fixed. :D

orangekid 09-21-2009 08:16 AM

yeah the iphone is a decent device for sure, would be cool just to have a 2G to play around with at times, but it would just get too boring too fast. at first its the coolest phone ever, then a couple of weeks later it's just another phone.

syanni85 09-22-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1182508)
yeah the iphone is a decent device for sure, would be cool just to have a 2G to play around with at times, but it would just get too boring too fast. at first its the coolest phone ever, then a couple of weeks later it's just another phone.

thats what happened to me... i tried everything to like the iphone and see what the big deal is... yeah, ok, its a fluid, well-developed device, but it just loses its flavour after a couple weeks.

I guess i'm one who likes to be unique... and i hate "falling in" to the crowd.

The only thing the iphone (Apple) has over any other device/manufacturer is that they are an industry standard. Cars come iphone/ipod compatible with an ipod interface, and TONS of home stereos and boomboxes are ipod/iphone only. You know how many times i've seen and cool lil speaker set i wanted to put in my apartment but couldn't because it was only for Apple products? I CAN'T EVEN COUNT!

And because of that, everyone and their Grandmother has an iphone or apple product. I get elderly (65+) coming into my Verizon store asking about the iphone... and that just gets me fumed! (not at the customer of course :P )

CyberMonkey 12-07-2009 02:39 PM

As I have said in other threads.
Neither the iPhone or WM phones are bad devises. Hell, I can make each one do something the other can (in someway). May have to do some tweaking (goes for both) to get it done but it's possible.

What it comes down to is what carrier somebody is on, and picking a device they will be happy with.