PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Impossible to get on verizon OP...

and it took them ages to come out with a 2.1 jailbreak

Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

Yes but the 3.0 jailbreak was done before 3.0 was released. Id call that pretty speedy. As of right now 3.1 puts an end to it, but probably not for too long.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

To be honest I was considering buying an iPhone as I like WinMo but have been with it for years and was ready to try something new. A friend of mine had his 2g that he let me use with an AT&T 'pick your plan' for about a month. It was pretty cool but I guess I got a little bored with it and decided it wasn't worth the extra $750/year for my wife and I to have iPhones. However, I did get something different from WinMo and ended up with a Pre. I have only had it for a week or so but it is a pretty sweet device. Current development for the phone is happening incredibly fast and Palm is doing a good job releasing updates in a timely manner. Anyhow, to get back on point, I think the iPhone is an awesome device and perhaps if/when Apple opens it up a little more and/or I am willing to pay AT&T prices I will reconsider.

PS- My apologies for the antagonistic post a few pages back.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to gladesmellzgood Send a message via Yahoo to gladesmellzgood

I think the iPhone is a great phone but it's main flaw is AT&T, I currently have a 3GS and I'm very happy with the phone but very disappointed with reception. Thinking about getting a Pre maybe, I definitely miss the awesome medical apps I had on my Touch Pro, I am also very interested in Android. I wonder if Sprint is getting any Android phones soon, I might jump back to sprint for an Android set or a Pre. AT&T blows lol.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

I have no feelings about the iPhone. My Vogue does nearly everything I would like.... and the things I wish it would do, the iPhone doesn't do either.

I'm going to go start a thread about why everybody hates Verizon now.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

There should be a cdma android phone soon. I think it migh be the htc hero, but im not sure.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
There should be a cdma android phone soon. I think it migh be the htc hero, but im not sure.

Cheers,

Matt
Yes the hero has been announced for sorint (oct. 11 maybe) as well as the samsung galaxy which also is an android. I currently have a pre and debating on the hero. Ima have to try it out and see cuz its said to be laggy someimes and the pre has a faster processor at 600 mhz...
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

the iphone is...
mediocre and okay. I think that sums my thoughts up on it. One thing I enjoyed that is sublimely simple is the physics behind the flick scroll. The fluidity of that flick scroll is somewhat of an impressive point for me. But some interesting developments in comparing the two OSes

using iphone today + s2u, essentially you have all you need to have a great iphone clone. As I compared the load times (3gs v iphone today and the unlock app v s2u) I realized they were exactly the same loading times for programs. I also noticed that pressure sensitivity and emulation offered by the wm themes and hacks gives users an excellent alternative to the iphone. But then you look at the big screen and the capacitive touch screen and begin to grimace and check a registry edit to mimic the touch sensivitiy that a capacitive screen can offer. All of that said the iphone in itself is an okay device. Not fantastic by any length for a few personal reasons. but I do respect apple for coming out with such a device. I think the only reason why I would switch to an apple iphone for 2 weeks is because of the physics of the scrolling engine. It is highly advanced, very tactile and all in all it just works a bit better.

even on wm 6.5 the problem is the flick scroll isn't nearly as polished even when we enter several beta builds and RTM builds of wm 6.5. I think that is my only complaint (video drivers) but the devices themselves are looking a lot similar as a result of xda developers. This was unheard of 2 years ago...oh well
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I don't like it because it doesn't have a hardware keyboard...that being said, I don't like the Touch or Diamond.

I'm an equal opportunity phone hater

Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

ditto there but who knows if a new iteration of iphone will come out
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions