PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

i honestly dont know much about the touch. Ive never owned one. There is one thing that it wont do, but i cant remember what it was. I was sitting at the fire house and my friend took my phone cuz he needed to do something. (not make a call)
Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Implying all of us iPhone owner lack intelligence? Gee, I have no idea...

No joke, with the 3GS and its faster CPU, browsing Safari via wifi is very comparable to a real PC/Mac, speed wise. Not there yet, but very comparable.

I'm sure I would like the WM browsers better on larger screens, but not even a VGA screen can make up for the size of it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Only thing I like about the iphone is its 3d rendering capabilities. Thats it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have a question: why the hell has this website turned into a defend and promote the iPhone forum? The iPhone is fine but all this crap about oooh its so fast, and why does everyone hate it is ridiculous. This website may have an iPhone OS forum, but face it, this will never be a major player in iPhone development, nor will it offer any significance compared to all the iPhone forums on the web. Why don't you the Apple promotors do something constructive with your time and phone and quit parading your iPhone praise in what used to be a great ppc website. Go do something with your iPhone, hack it, jailbreak it, whatever... but why waste your time here?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:43 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
i honestly dont know much about the touch. Ive never owned one. There is one thing that it wont do, but i cant remember what it was. I was sitting at the fire house and my friend took my phone cuz he needed to do something. (not make a call)
It's baically an iphone 3g minus the phone, camera, and external speaker.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

camera! thats what he needed. Supposedly thats going to be in the third gen.

I come here because the people are great, helpful, and kind (most of the time), and if it can be as good as it was for my 8525 for my iphone, i would love it more.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I have a question: why the hell has this website turned into a defend and promote the iPhone forum? The iPhone is fine but all this crap about oooh its so fast, and why does everyone hate it is ridiculous. This website may have an iPhone OS forum, but face it, this will never be a major player in iPhone development, nor will it offer any significance compared to all the iPhone forums on the web. Why don't you the Apple promotors do something constructive with your time and phone and quit parading your iPhone praise in what used to be a great ppc website. Go do something with your iPhone, hack it, jailbreak it, whatever... but why waste your time here?
Waste my time? I hardly post in this section. We're actually having a debate here and discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different phones. Enjoy it.

No one expects this to match other iPhone sites. Its a little subsection in an 'other platform' section to begin with!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Implying all of us iPhone owner lack intelligence? Gee, I have no idea...

No joke, with the 3GS and its faster CPU, browsing Safari via wifi is very comparable to a real PC/Mac, speed wise. Not there yet, but very comparable.

I'm sure I would like the WM browsers better on larger screens, but not even a VGA screen can make up for the size of it.
Well if you have intelligence then it doesnt apply, I didnt put anyones name to it. :P
Old 07-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

If you really want some information, checkout everythingicafe. they have some great stuff.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Waste my time? I hardly post in this section. We're actually having a debate here and discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different phones. Enjoy it.

No one expects this to match other iPhone sites. Its a little subsection in an 'other platform' section to begin with!
yeah man, I've read through this thread, you may be having a debate but many are just offering and repeating the same closed minded opinions that are expected to be in a thread like this on a site like this. Call it what you want to call it and I'll call it bullsh*t.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions