PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Quote:
What do you mean you relied on your laptop then and not now? You weren't able to take advantage of the WM phone without a laptop? I am pretty sure to put your music and all that other crap on your phone, such as large Apps that you can't just straight download to the phone from the app store, you need your computer.
Large apps can be downloaded to the phone without hooking it up to your computer. The 3G Unrestrictor app allows you to do this. It makes he phone think that its connected to wifi. It also allows you to watch your slingplayer over 3g.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
There are a lot of reasons. First thing that comes to mind is 'fanboy' syndrome- MS vs Apple started an argument over which is superior, mac or pc, etc etc. There's lots of blind apple fanboys out there and, judging by the useless posts I had to delete from this thread, a lot of MS fanboys as well.

People spend HUNDREDS of dollars on these phones, and agreeing a different phone or different OS is superior can be considered an insult to your own phone, that you spent so much money on. So we, as consumers in general, flaunt the strengths of our phones and weaknesses of theirs. More to justify our own purchase than to criticize yours though. That's why I laugh at most of therm.

I've had more WM phones than I could easily count, probably around 20 in my lifetime. And here I am with an iPhone that I absolutely love. I have my reasons, and you have your reasons for not having an iPhone. Simple as that
My sentiments exactly.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

- Now that PN's are here I only miss multitasking for Pandora. My iPod program, with 32GB capacity, plays in the background. So does the mail app so I can download emails while on the phone
- You're right, but I never had a spare battery for any other phone I've owned, so I can't say that it matters to me. My TP battery life was MUCH worse.
- LOL, Sprint has a tethering plan you've hacked around also. Most ROM's you download already have the hack installed so you probably don't even know it. How sad is that? MMS won't break your contract either, AT&T already stated it will be free once they turn it on. Terrible statement.
- No multiple UI's, but I like the default UI and don't have to wait for the next 'option' that tries to mimic mine anyway Seriously though, the peace of mind of NOT having to customize everything is pretty welcome. Tweaking so many things on a WM phone after every ROM update was a chore, not fun.
- I'd love flash support also, but watered down Internet experience? Safari blows any browser you have ever tried right out of the water. Someone reports a post and I check the email, open the thread, and ban a spammer in less than a minute on this phone. I've had this phone for years now and my eyes STILL light up like a kid in a candy store when I use Safari. Opera has had YEARS to catch up to it, how's that working out?
- Haven't seen a TP2 yet, but the size of this screen makes it look much better on this than my TP did. Only because it was small though, it was definitely clearer. This iPhone screen is awesome, I've never been disappointed in anything I've looked at on it.
- T-Mobile is the worst service provider, at least around here. I never hit dead spots with my phone, BUT 3G is absolutely horrible sometimes here in the city. Still, I'd rather have this phone with its sometimes-slow 3G AND PAY MORE than a slow and clunky WM phone on Sprint. And that eats at you, doesn't it? I'm sorry.

I'm gonna use you as an example of a WM fanboy. I hope you don't mind? Maybe one day I'll make a list of things the iPhone does better than a WM phone. Unfortunately I don't have an hour to spare right now.

Last edited by Certs; 10-09-2009 at 12:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

wow certs. thank you.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

He brought up some good points about flash and obviously the multitasking, and I used to think they would break the deal for me. But I don't miss multitasking nearly as much as i thought I would. Except for Pandora, of course.

I thought it would be a good debate until that last part. Too bad.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes, i was upset when i found out you could do multitasking with the ipod but not pandora. Eventually it might work, but other than pandora its not really noticable. especially now with the push notices. The flash doesnt bother me as much as it used to. there was really only one site that i used to use that needed it, and id sacrafice flash for the amazing speed safari gives anyday.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everyone just assumes that I havent tried any of the iphone features :S. I've had a 1st gen ipod touch since a week after they came out. I've jailbroken it, I've used safari with wifi. As far as I know it does everything the iphone does except make calls. I had the ipod touch before I had a winmo phone. Had I known about the winmo phones before I got the ipod though I would never have bought it. As far as using safari goes, thats merely personal preferance. I've even recently browsed again on the ipod using wifi and I still dislike Safari when comparing it to opera or the latest version of skyfire.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

the first gen is fairly outdated....i believe the third of the itouch is being released soon
Old 07-28-2009, 12:37 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
the first gen is fairly outdated....i believe the third of the itouch is being released soon
I have updated to the most current firmware, just like the iphone, the actual product hasnt changed much. Mainly the addition of an external speaker, and more memory.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 AM
That guy with the axe

How is saying that apple counts on lack of consumer intelligence to sell units a bannable offense?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions