PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
we keep saying that, but we still havnt decided what capabilities. We have listed a whole bunch of things people THINK it cant do, and things that it doesnt do well, ie multitasking. Again I ask, what capabilities?
Good god man! We have established many many times what it can not do! I can only conclude that you're in a deep state of denial at this point. Since you seem to have selectively blocked out most of the previous posts you have read let me list those things for you AGAIN!

1 Multitasking. You can talk about backgrounder all you want, it does not give the iphone multitasking abilities. This is something that you THINK it can do which is incorrect. I've seen it in action and you have admitted yourself that you have not used it. Backgrounder only works for a limited selection of apps and doesnt even work consistently with those.

2. Spare battery? Nope

3. Tethering and MMS? Yes, but only if you want to run the risk of having your service canceled by ATT and owing them the remainder.

4. Multiple UI's? Nope

5. Flash Support? Nope. Wanna preview hotel rooms at the Mandalay Bay using their virtual walkthrough, too bad iphone users, just one of the millions of sites that require flash player to interact with or even view the site. Have fun with your watered down internet experience.

6. WVGA screen? Nope, HVGA = Lose

7. Choice of carriers? Nope. Apple will just stick with pretty much the worst service provider with the crappiest coverage. It should be ok though, they can rely on advertising and lack of consumer intelligence to sell units.

For future reference I can link you back to this post when you once again ask for confirmation of the things the iphone can not do. At least the iphone does have the app store in its favor. Who couldnt use 65,000 useless apps like fart noise makers and magic 8 ball's lol.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 07-27-2009 at 07:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

You can replace the battery. Just make sure that your Warentee is up.

Multitasking=almost there

screen: why does it look just as good and feel better?

Carriers: unlock it, just like any other phone. I also have someone from verizon checking on somethinh for me

UIs: why would you want more when you have this one?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

You can replace the battery. Just make sure that your Warentee is up. That sounds promising.

Multitasking=almost there
But not yet.

screen: why does it look just as good and feel better?
It does look grainier...

Carriers: unlock it, just like any other phone. I also have someone from verizon checking on somethinh for me
whats ur other us choice? T-mob????

UIs: why would you want more when you have this one?
Personalization

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Score one for the Hibster

Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
There are a lot of reasons. First thing that comes to mind is 'fanboy' syndrome- MS vs Apple started an argument over which is superior, mac or pc, etc etc. There's lots of blind apple fanboys out there and, judging by the useless posts I had to delete from this thread, a lot of MS fanboys as well.

People spend HUNDREDS of dollars on these phones, and agreeing a different phone or different OS is superior can be considered an insult to your own phone, that you spent so much money on. So we, as consumers in general, flaunt the strengths of our phones and weaknesses of theirs. More to justify our own purchase than to criticize yours though. That's why I laugh at most of therm.

I've had more WM phones than I could easily count, probably around 20 in my lifetime. And here I am with an iPhone that I absolutely love. I have my reasons, and you have your reasons for not having an iPhone. Simple as that
Now this is a comment that makes sense
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

lets compare phone bills.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lets compare phone bills.
No contest there, I love the whole 'enough to open a dunkin donuts in space' crack in the latest palm pre commercial
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Kinda fighting an uphill battle
trying to talk WM users into the
Iphone.

You like it. That should be enough.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Kinda fighting an uphill battle
trying to talk WM users into the
Iphone.

You like it. That should be enough.
My point exactly....And the whole who would want a different UI comment seems kinda silly seeing how boring and unpersonalized the iPhone interface is.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Good god man! We have established many many times what it can not do! I can only conclude that you're in a deep state of denial at this point. Since you seem to have selectively blocked out most of the previous posts you have read let me list those things for you AGAIN!

1 Multitasking. You can talk about backgrounder all you want, it does not give the iphone multitasking abilities. This is something that you THINK it can do which is incorrect. I've seen it in action and you have admitted yourself that you have not used it. Backgrounder only works for a limited selection of apps and doesnt even work consistently with those.

2. Spare battery? Nope

3. Tethering and MMS? Yes, but only if you want to run the risk of having your service canceled by ATT and owing them the remainder.

4. Multiple UI's? Nope

5. Flash Support? Nope. Wanna preview hotel rooms at the Mandalay Bay using their virtual walkthrough, too bad iphone users, just one of the millions of sites that require flash player to interact with or even view the site. Have fun with your watered down internet experience.

6. WVGA screen? Nope, HVGA = Lose

7. Choice of carriers? Nope. Apple will just stick with pretty much the worst service provider with the crappiest coverage. It should be ok though, they can rely on advertising and lack of consumer intelligence to sell units.

For future reference I can link you back to this post when you once again ask for confirmation of the things the iphone can not do. At least the iphone does have the app store in its favor. Who couldnt use 65,000 useless apps like fart noise makers and magic 8 ball's lol.
Watch this guys. He could not answer my questions correctly.
1. Multi tasking. How do U multi task on ur phone?
2. Do U know that there is a juice pack for Iphones?
3. Prove this claim here.
4. UI? or themes? Does it make ur phone perform better? or U just change the wa U navigate? That is simply a Launcher.
5. What Browser on ur phone has flash support?
6.all the apps rely on the original resolution.
7.eventually the exclusivity will end.
U forgot to put on ur list.
8. Iphone's powerful GPU. Can U name a device that can match Iphones GPU?
9. Augmented reality.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions