PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Why does everyone hate the iphone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76395)

breakmyfootoff 07-27-2009 07:00 PM

Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1063388)
we keep saying that, but we still havnt decided what capabilities. We have listed a whole bunch of things people THINK it cant do, and things that it doesnt do well, ie multitasking. Again I ask, what capabilities?

Good god man! We have established many many times what it can not do! I can only conclude that you're in a deep state of denial at this point. Since you seem to have selectively blocked out most of the previous posts you have read let me list those things for you AGAIN!

1 Multitasking. You can talk about backgrounder all you want, it does not give the iphone multitasking abilities. This is something that you THINK it can do which is incorrect. I've seen it in action and you have admitted yourself that you have not used it. Backgrounder only works for a limited selection of apps and doesnt even work consistently with those.

2. Spare battery? Nope

3. Tethering and MMS? Yes, but only if you want to run the risk of having your service canceled by ATT and owing them the remainder.

4. Multiple UI's? Nope

5. Flash Support? Nope. Wanna preview hotel rooms at the Mandalay Bay using their virtual walkthrough, too bad iphone users, just one of the millions of sites that require flash player to interact with or even view the site. Have fun with your watered down internet experience.

6. WVGA screen? Nope, HVGA = Lose

7. Choice of carriers? Nope. Apple will just stick with pretty much the worst service provider with the crappiest coverage. It should be ok though, they can rely on advertising and lack of consumer intelligence to sell units.

For future reference I can link you back to this post when you once again ask for confirmation of the things the iphone can not do. At least the iphone does have the app store in its favor. Who couldnt use 65,000 useless apps like fart noise makers and magic 8 ball's lol.

drift365 07-27-2009 07:31 PM

You can replace the battery. Just make sure that your Warentee is up.

Multitasking=almost there

screen: why does it look just as good and feel better?

Carriers: unlock it, just like any other phone. I also have someone from verizon checking on somethinh for me

UIs: why would you want more when you have this one?

hibby50 07-27-2009 07:47 PM

You can replace the battery. Just make sure that your Warentee is up. That sounds promising.

Multitasking=almost there
But not yet.

screen: why does it look just as good and feel better?
It does look grainier...

Carriers: unlock it, just like any other phone. I also have someone from verizon checking on somethinh for me
whats ur other us choice? T-mob????

UIs: why would you want more when you have this one?
Personalization

Geekcop 07-27-2009 07:57 PM

Score one for the Hibster

MikeElGiga23 07-27-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certs (Post 1063429)
There are a lot of reasons. First thing that comes to mind is 'fanboy' syndrome- MS vs Apple started an argument over which is superior, mac or pc, etc etc. There's lots of blind apple fanboys out there and, judging by the useless posts I had to delete from this thread, a lot of MS fanboys as well.

People spend HUNDREDS of dollars on these phones, and agreeing a different phone or different OS is superior can be considered an insult to your own phone, that you spent so much money on. So we, as consumers in general, flaunt the strengths of our phones and weaknesses of theirs. More to justify our own purchase than to criticize yours though. That's why I laugh at most of therm.

I've had more WM phones than I could easily count, probably around 20 in my lifetime. And here I am with an iPhone that I absolutely love. I have my reasons, and you have your reasons for not having an iPhone. Simple as that :)

Now this is a comment that makes sense

darren.wlsn1 07-27-2009 08:21 PM

lets compare phone bills.

MikeElGiga23 07-27-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1063631)
lets compare phone bills.

No contest there, I love the whole 'enough to open a dunkin donuts in space' crack in the latest palm pre commercial

NinjaMom 07-27-2009 08:54 PM

Kinda fighting an uphill battle
trying to talk WM users into the
Iphone.

You like it. That should be enough.

Carla 07-27-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1063722)
Kinda fighting an uphill battle
trying to talk WM users into the
Iphone.

You like it. That should be enough.

My point exactly....And the whole who would want a different UI comment seems kinda silly seeing how boring and unpersonalized the iPhone interface is.

jethro_static 07-27-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1063465)
Good god man! We have established many many times what it can not do! I can only conclude that you're in a deep state of denial at this point. Since you seem to have selectively blocked out most of the previous posts you have read let me list those things for you AGAIN!

1 Multitasking. You can talk about backgrounder all you want, it does not give the iphone multitasking abilities. This is something that you THINK it can do which is incorrect. I've seen it in action and you have admitted yourself that you have not used it. Backgrounder only works for a limited selection of apps and doesnt even work consistently with those.

2. Spare battery? Nope

3. Tethering and MMS? Yes, but only if you want to run the risk of having your service canceled by ATT and owing them the remainder.

4. Multiple UI's? Nope

5. Flash Support? Nope. Wanna preview hotel rooms at the Mandalay Bay using their virtual walkthrough, too bad iphone users, just one of the millions of sites that require flash player to interact with or even view the site. Have fun with your watered down internet experience.

6. WVGA screen? Nope, HVGA = Lose

7. Choice of carriers? Nope. Apple will just stick with pretty much the worst service provider with the crappiest coverage. It should be ok though, they can rely on advertising and lack of consumer intelligence to sell units.

For future reference I can link you back to this post when you once again ask for confirmation of the things the iphone can not do. At least the iphone does have the app store in its favor. Who couldnt use 65,000 useless apps like fart noise makers and magic 8 ball's lol.

Watch this guys. He could not answer my questions correctly.
1. Multi tasking. How do U multi task on ur phone?
2. Do U know that there is a juice pack for Iphones?
3. Prove this claim here.
4. UI? or themes? Does it make ur phone perform better? or U just change the wa U navigate? That is simply a Launcher.
5. What Browser on ur phone has flash support?
6.all the apps rely on the original resolution.
7.eventually the exclusivity will end.
U forgot to put on ur list.
8. Iphone's powerful GPU. Can U name a device that can match Iphones GPU?
9. Augmented reality.