PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Why does everyone hate the iphone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76395)

drift365 07-26-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

I had an old 8525 (hermes) on att. i had all kinds of stuff on it making it slow. Its probably just that phone/me. I tried opera, but the newest one wouldnt wok, so i was forced to use an older version. I ended up using skyfire, which i liked.

drift365 07-26-2009 06:19 PM

It wasnt that the email didnt work, it was slow, and it would only dl parts of messages, even after i checked downlod entire message.

Carla 07-26-2009 06:20 PM

Well that could be why it was slow on about everything LOL. I like Skyfire to watch Hulu and AdultSwim movies :)

mlin 07-26-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genjinaro (Post 1061125)
For me its not the iPhone so much, I dislike (hate) Apple's governing (limiting) hand on the iPhone and the length of time it takes for them to offer basic features.

If Apple took a more (lets say) "Android" approach to things and a warmer treatment of the hacker/development community and 3rd parties, I'd certainly buy one. They also need to make some appeal in terms of hardware, tasking and UI options, I like to personalize/differentiate.

Also I'd never choose AT&T or any other over Sprint... Ever. Especially for a data driven (3G powered) phone.

The iPhone can potentially win anyone over, the only thing stopping them from appealing to me is overkill carrier exclusivity, themselves, & a limit to one form factor.

All IMHO...

My sentiments exactly. iPhone is cool, Crapple sucks and so does AT&T. It would cost my wife and I at least 1200 dollars more a year to have the same plan on AT&T that we have with Sprint.

elephant007 07-26-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1061155)
And yes, an iphone IS a ppc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 1061158)
Its not a PPC my friend

iPhone is not a PPC, remember the Apple commercials says I'm a MAC and I'm a PC... could you imagine if Apple says, I'm not a PC except for our iPhones? HA HA

I think the term you're looking to for is a PDA device such as PPC, iPhones, Palms etc..

Calling it a Smartphone would be a correct statement... calling it a PPC is not a correct statement, at least I'd think it wouldn't be...

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pocket_PC_Devices

drift365 07-26-2009 10:08 PM

Ok im sorry its a pm pocket mac. Fewer glitches ;)

wchamblee 07-27-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 1061611)
iPhone is not a PPC, remember the Apple commercials says I'm a MAC and I'm a PC... could you imagine if Apple says, I'm not a PC except for our iPhones? HA HA

I think the term you're looking to for is a PDA device such as PPC, iPhones, Palms etc..

Calling it a Smartphone would be a correct statement... calling it a PPC is not a correct statement, at least I'd think it wouldn't be...

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pocket_PC_Devices

You have been thanked for you comment.

breakmyfootoff 07-27-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1061623)
Ok im sorry its a pm pocket mac. Fewer glitches ;)

Fewer glitches because of fewer capabilities ;)

drift365 07-27-2009 06:17 PM

we keep saying that, but we still havnt decided what capabilities. We have listed a whole bunch of things people THINK it cant do, and things that it doesnt do well, ie multitasking. Again I ask, what capabilities?

Certs 07-27-2009 06:36 PM

There are a lot of reasons. First thing that comes to mind is 'fanboy' syndrome- MS vs Apple started an argument over which is superior, mac or pc, etc etc. There's lots of blind apple fanboys out there and, judging by the useless posts I had to delete from this thread, a lot of MS fanboys as well.

People spend HUNDREDS of dollars on these phones, and agreeing a different phone or different OS is superior can be considered an insult to your own phone, that you spent so much money on. So we, as consumers in general, flaunt the strengths of our phones and weaknesses of theirs. More to justify our own purchase than to criticize yours though. That's why I laugh at most of therm.

I've had more WM phones than I could easily count, probably around 20 in my lifetime. And here I am with an iPhone that I absolutely love. I have my reasons, and you have your reasons for not having an iPhone. Simple as that :)