PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

whopper68 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whopper68
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

my reasons arent hate, its just not provided
Replacable battery
Keyboard
Verizon service

its as simple as it breakes down for me, i cant stand the on screen keyboard, i hate the fact you cant swap out batteries if need be, and honestly i love my verizon service to much to leave a 10yr relationship flush out over a phone that s over hyped for what it doesnt have...for my needs that is...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper68 View Post
my reasons arent hate, its just not provided
Replacable battery
Keyboard
Verizon service

its as simple as it breakes down for me, i cant stand the on screen keyboard, i hate the fact you cant swap out batteries if need be, and honestly i love my verizon service to much to leave a 10yr relationship flush out over a phone that s over hyped for what it doesnt have...for my needs that is...
and you shouldn't. If somebody does not think a phone/device will meet their wants/needs then that person should not get that device and go with one that will meet their requirements.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Different phones for different phokes.
If I wanted a thin sexy phone with a capacitive screen... I would wait for the LEO.
I love my Sprint bill, I love my physical keyboard, I love bluetooth stereo, my battery is no longer an issue (tp to tp2), I love customizing my phone. I have one touch flo, one touch, and androkkid on my phone to satisfy my different personalities. I love drag and drop for music and hate itunes (don't know if you can drag and drop with iphone). I love what I have cuz I chose it. If I wanted an iphone I would have bought one. My wife wanted one and I told her I would get her one when they came to Sprint. She is now using my old touch pro and she loves it so much... she will not even upgrade to the TP2. You like iphone... KEEP IT!
I like how iphone looks and all the different accessories there are. However I usually find a way to get similar functionality from my phone. As far as apps are concerned... My phone farts, dog whistles, levels, loud horns, groovefishes, tells me jokes, plays nintendo games, sega games, pours beer, makes coffe, punches, whips, shoots uzi, shoots shotgun, lightsabers, xm, magic 8 balls, converts measurements money volume you neme it, stopwatches, id's music, youtubes, plays piano, plays scrabble, shakes it's boobs, bluffs my calls............................................. ........... What else? all microsoft office apps. and gives me access to full flash sites thanks to skyfire.
I don't hate iphone. I hate being told how much better it is than my phone is.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
Different phones for different phokes.
If I wanted a thin sexy phone with a capacitive screen... I would wait for the LEO.
I love my Sprint bill, I love my physical keyboard, I love bluetooth stereo, my battery is no longer an issue (tp to tp2), I love customizing my phone. I have one touch flo, one touch, and androkkid on my phone to satisfy my different personalities. I love drag and drop for music and hate itunes (don't know if you can drag and drop with iphone). I love what I have cuz I chose it. If I wanted an iphone I would have bought one. My wife wanted one and I told her I would get her one when they came to Sprint. She is now using my old touch pro and she loves it so much... she will not even upgrade to the TP2. You like iphone... KEEP IT!
I like how iphone looks and all the different accessories there are. However I usually find a way to get similar functionality from my phone. As far as apps are concerned... My phone farts, dog whistles, levels, loud horns, groovefishes, tells me jokes, plays nintendo games, sega games, pours beer, makes coffe, punches, whips, shoots uzi, shoots shotgun, lightsabers, xm, magic 8 balls, converts measurements money volume you neme it, stopwatches, id's music, youtubes, plays piano, plays scrabble, shakes it's boobs, bluffs my calls............................................. ........... What else? all microsoft office apps. and gives me access to full flash sites thanks to skyfire.
I don't hate iphone. I hate being told how much better it is than my phone is.
I would never tell anybody that iPhone is better then the TP or TP2. I used a TP and now have iPhone and if you ask me which one I like better, my answer will be "In my eyes they are pretty much the same".

Kinda off topic, you said you can "shake it's boobs", what app is that for and can it be used on the TP as well as the TP2? Reason I ask is when I showed the Wobble app on the iPhone (lets you take a pic and set zones to have boobies wobble" a friend has been looking for a way to do that on his TP....
And the list you gave for what your phone can do, honestly not many phones can't do all that (well any newer phone like WM or iPhones, and probably the Droid and the Palm Pre)....
So really, all the phones are the same. User interface will be different of course, and carriers of course, but boil it all down, anything one phone can do, there is pretty much an way to have the other phones do that also.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I would never tell anybody that iPhone is better then the TP or TP2. I used a TP and now have iPhone and if you ask me which one I like better, my answer will be "In my eyes they are pretty much the same".

Kinda off topic, you said you can "shake it's boobs", what app is that for and can it be used on the TP as well as the TP2? Reason I ask is when I showed the Wobble app on the iPhone (lets you take a pic and set zones to have boobies wobble" a friend has been looking for a way to do that on his TP....
And the list you gave for what your phone can do, honestly not many phones can't do all that (well any newer phone like WM or iPhones, and probably the Droid and the Palm Pre)....
So really, all the phones are the same. User interface will be different of course, and carriers of course, but boil it all down, anything one phone can do, there is pretty much an way to have the other phones do that also.
Yapp... except your phone can't quite shake it's boobs. Yet. lol.
here you go... now you can. They both work on the TP.
I didn't say the iphone was better or the tp.... or the TP2(even though it is...lol.) I just hate the way MY friends that have iPhones look at my phone and the first thing they say is "that's a brick" whatever... My brick is mine and I LOVE it.
p.
Attached Files
File Type: cab hdBoobsSetup12.CAB (525.3 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab hdWobbleSetup.CAB (1.57 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
Yapp... except your phone can't quite shake it's boobs. Yet. lol.
here you go... now you can. They both work on the TP.
I didn't say the iphone was better or the tp.... or the TP2(even though it is...lol.) I just hate the way MY friends that have iPhones look at my phone and the first thing they say is "that's a brick" whatever... My brick is mine and I LOVE it.
p.
My phone can shake the boobies, I gots an iPhone. It's my old Touch Pro I gave to a friend when I got the iPhone that wants to be able to shake the boobies......he will greatly appreciate me passing the cabs to him
Old 11-21-2009, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Did anyone mention the ability to switch memory cards, like one loaded with movies for travel, etc., and one for business, etc.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Captivate
Carrier: at&t

potatoofdoom is a n00b

My 2 cents.

I believe these are the most important points in regards to the iphone's mass appeal:

1) The iphone is incredibly easy to use. I feel that that is it's functional appeal. People like it because it makes them feel smarter than they are. They can operate a very technologically advanced device, yippie!

2) The iphone is now the pop culture phone. Remember the sidekick? Well that's gone, it's the iphone now. Kids, teenagers, younger adults, even older adults. In short everyone thinks it's the cool phone to have. Watch MTV for half an hour and you'll hear "iphone" at least 5 times (that statement has not been tested, but I'm sure it's true).

Why don't people like the iphone?

I would say, that at least some of the time, it is because of 1 and 2 above.

Personally, I do not like the iphone. 1) The price of service: Because AT&T is gouging people with the plan for it. $106.xx a month is the minimum you're paying with unlimited texts, 450 minutes, no friends and family. That's just way too much for this guy. 2) It is too easy to use and operate, so easy, that it is hard to do anything that it wasn't designed to do, that's annoying for me, and many others, but not to the majority of people out there.

Hope that helps with the psychological background of the appeal.

All my own opinion, I'm no expert on any of this, just a B.A. in psychology.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

here are my reasons:
1) have to jailbreak to customize.
with winmo, just pop on another theme or flash another rom and there you go.

2)no way you can seperate battery without risk of hurting the device
on my vogue, pop off battery cover and take out battery. done and done.

3)"its only good because its apple, everything else sucks"... <-- not true
people have bias towards mac products (i have bias towards macs, own pc and mac, both are good). they don't give other products a chance (ipods= expensive, overrated, didn't have radio and microphone up until this latest generation, all of that came with my creative zen from 1 1/2 years ago)

4)at&t prices not that bad, but rip you off.
with my vogue, no data plan required. thats $720/2 years saved for a new computer and plus you have to pay for voice and (optionally texts, unlimited for a teen is a necceccity).

5)feature are overrated and came in late
everything is on my 3 year old treo 700p

in a nutshell...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTOyV...eature=related <-- EPIC WIN video
Old 11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

jailbreaking an iPhone is much easier than flashing a rom. When i was using activesync i had nothing but problems trying to connect my phone. I hate to say it, but itunes actually isnt that bad and works exceptionally well on a mac
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions