PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking WOW the iphone is fast!

i was playing with an iphone at an apple store the other day and man is that one fast phone. the touch response is instantaneous compared to winmo. why can't our ppc's be that way too? my next phone, i hate to say may be an iphone!

has anybody even tried to extract the iphone rom off the device and post to a winmo phone at all?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

navymarvin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin
Re: WOW the iphone is fast!

My friend im surprise no one slammed you yet but somebody probably will. so get ready for ... well why dont you just get an iphone, iphone aint all what its cracked up to be, its only visual and a million other comparisons of winmo to iphone so get ready. i say just go with what makes YOU happy. good luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Why would you even post this? We hate iPhones & don't wanna hear about them. They're nothing but pretty icons & hype. It's fast because its locked down & uncustomizable. You can make a WM phone just as fast as an iPhone & twice as pretty, its not hard. My TP has pretty much instantaneous response too. I'll take WM over an iTurd any day.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:03 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

That bunny is fast without 3Gs... Had one run past me on my way to the train, who knew they ran (rocket hopped?) so damn quick...
Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

has anybody even tried to extract the iphone rom off the device and post to a winmo phone at all?
Even if that was possible, it wouldn't be the same because half of what makes an iphone so responsive is the capacitive screen which WinMo phones do not support yet.

I have thre TP's & I love them, but I love my ipod touch just as much & if I could get an iphone to work on Verizon service I would buy one tomorrow.

I tether my touch daily to my TP with WMWifirouter as I MUCH prefer to use the ipod with its awesome screen & safari browser for everyday inet surfing (the ipod email client is 50 times better than WinMo also).

~John
Old 07-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

To each his own, but I tried safari & hated it. When it wasnt crashing upon opening, it was slow & you have to zoom & scroll like crazy. Ugh.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:02 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

LOL I gotta love the adjusting ADs in the thread, just noticed they are showing iPhone 3G related things.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: HTC

Chris347101 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Chris347101 Send a message via MSN to Chris347101 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris347101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Why would you even post this? We hate iPhones & don't wanna hear about them. They're nothing but pretty icons & hype. It's fast because its locked down & uncustomizable. You can make a WM phone just as fast as an iPhone & twice as pretty, its not hard. My TP has pretty much instantaneous response too. I'll take WM over an iTurd any day.

I was just wondering how or what i have to due to make my phone just as fast as an iPhone

ether post here or simply PM me..

Thanks Alot Chris
Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Not true (The part about the responsiveness being due to the capacitative screen) I was the owner of a Palm M100, Palm 3c, and Palm Treo. (Girlfriend has Centro), and let me tell you, fast as lightening. Like the iPhone. This leads me to believe that HTC just uses crap touch panels. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Even if that was possible, it wouldn't be the same because half of what makes an iphone so responsive is the capacitive screen which WinMo phones do not support yet.

I have thre TP's & I love them, but I love my ipod touch just as much & if I could get an iphone to work on Verizon service I would buy one tomorrow.

I tether my touch daily to my TP with WMWifirouter as I MUCH prefer to use the ipod with its awesome screen & safari browser for everyday inet surfing (the ipod email client is 50 times better than WinMo also).

~John
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions