PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: WOW the iphone is fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
win mobile has its uses and the iphone has its aswell, im a happy iphone and winmobile user, i use both, although the iphone does handle things alot better than win mo imo.....and does all of the same things including more, hell i use my iphone to find closes gas stations with augmented apps. win mo cant do that yet at least. i use both for wireless routers both are very good at it. i use my tp and tp2 for routers. tp just overheats too fast. i used to hate the iphone i mean dispise it!!!!!!!! untill i got it as a gift from my gf, a 32gb 3gs, i wanted to flush it down the toilet, but as i started using it its awsome, so i say to some winmo users u never know how something is until u use it. im not on the iphone bandwagon at all belive me, but its a good device.
exactly. And actually there is a way to find closest gas station witn WM...not the augmented stuff though, but at least finding closet gas station there is.....I just have to remember how I did it with the TP on one of the trips me and my wife were taking back in march and needed to find a restroom.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875 Touch pro2, Sprint Touch pro(VzW), XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

Sephiro is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Sephiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
exactly. And actually there is a way to find closest gas station witn WM...not the augmented stuff though, but at least finding closet gas station there is.....I just have to remember how I did it with the TP on one of the trips me and my wife were taking back in march and needed to find a restroom.
yea they both have there quirks, i love em both some im not complaining. i mostly use my iphone more though. i think they have an app for the bathroom thing, cant remember what its called. but down to it win mo needs to be unlocked or hspl'ed for customization and iphone needs to be unlocked for customization or jailbreaking. my iphone looks nothing like the origal interface, i use pogoplank for it an ui switcher and it looks and feels awsome, and for win mo i use spb shell 3.5, both are awsome. so best of both worlds. both are great devices. no hands down, just on user preference, and i use both so no complaints here.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
yea they both have there quirks, i love em both some im not complaining. i mostly use my iphone more though. i think they have an app for the bathroom thing, cant remember what its called. but down to it win mo needs to be unlocked or hspl'ed for customization and iphone needs to be unlocked for customization or jailbreaking. my iphone looks nothing like the origal interface, i use pogoplank for it an ui switcher and it looks and feels awsome, and for win mo i use spb shell 3.5, both are awsome. so best of both worlds. both are great devices. no hands down, just on user preference, and i use both so no complaints here.
Yea I do like SPB Mobile Shell on the WM phones. I have tried pogoplank but I am not too sure about it. I may try it again for a longer amount of time to see if I likes it or not.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875 Touch pro2, Sprint Touch pro(VzW), XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

Sephiro is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Sephiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Yea I do like SPB Mobile Shell on the WM phones. I have tried pogoplank but I am not too sure about it. I may try it again for a longer amount of time to see if I likes it or not.
to me pogoplank customizes the way you want your apps organized i like it alot better thatttn the original spring bourd
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Here's my current setup with PogoPlank. I really like it. I hated scrolling through 10 pages to get to an app. Now i click once, maybe twice to get the folder I want and then select my app. Plus, it looks nice.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perasite View Post
Here's my current setup with PogoPlank. I really like it. I hated scrolling through 10 pages to get to an app. Now i click once, maybe twice to get the folder I want and then select my app. Plus, it looks nice.

for sure that's a nicer UI for the iphone.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perasite View Post
Dang it, pic is blocked here at work

I use "categories" from ROCK/CYDIA to organize my apps so I don't have to scroll through a ton of pages.
I have two, the main one all the apps I use on a daily basis, and then on the second all my categories which I have things divided up in the following:
APPS - just regular like apps like the AT&T app and stocks.
GAMES - all the games
COMM - apps like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, Sitckam and such
MISC - apps that I don't use regularly but often enough to keep on my phone.
Utilities - app like the app store, CYDIA, ROCK, winterboard Pogoplank setting and such.
Not used - the native apps that I don't use and can't be deleted like voice memo and such.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions