PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: WOW the iphone is fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you post all the stats and say you hate the iphony? ill take my tp and my bill over the iphony and its phone bill.
No sorry, i took the information from the manufacturer web sites, so they didnt have the contract information. I also didnt say I hated the iphone, I said that ATT charges way too much, and that in some areas coverage is not very good. In my area, ATT has 3g all over.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[quote=drift365;1062322]If you jailbreak, you get all of those, minus the screen, without risking losing the contract.

You might want to actually try it before you quote it as fact. The "backgrounder" application of which you speak is crap. It doesnt work with all apps, and only works sometimes. I've seen it in action, and the guy that had it removed it from his iturd because it didnt work lol. Jailbroken iphones make it "harder" for at&t to catch you tethering, not impossible, so it doesnt fix that either. I also doubt jailbreaking is gonna bring it to a cdma network.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

I bought an iphone to play with... i unlocked it to tmobile (i know no 3G), and to tell you the truth, the novelty wore off really quick..

its fun for games and some apps yes, but after i jailbroke it and installed a bunch of 3rd party apps and themes, the phone started slowing down... for a phone that doesn't fully multitask, that depressed me.

The iphone makes usability extremely simple. The UI is just a bunch of icons, which gets boring after a while. And sure you can change it up with some themes, but honestly, its all the same (like the vista theme uses "clear" icons to make it seem like you have a desktop look).

IMHO if i were dumb enough to be in contract with ATT (the Sh*ttiest company, service-wise, aside from T-mobile) I'd probably have an iphone...

The iphone coming to Verizon next year is the best move crapple could make in the cellular industry.

The next iphone (the 3GSF) is gunna have a FLASH FOR THE CAMERA! NO WAAAY! Thanks Apple for giving us something you could have added 3 years ago! (they might not even add that, who knows)

Anyways, as you can see, i have mixed feelings on the iphone.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

You might want to actually try it before you quote it as fact. The "backgrounder" application of which you speak is crap. It doesnt work with all apps, and only works sometimes. I've seen it in action, and the guy that had it removed it from his iturd because it didnt work lol. Jailbroken iphones make it "harder" for at&t to catch you tethering, not impossible, so it doesnt fix that either. I also doubt jailbreaking is gonna bring it to a cdma network.[/quote]

Please read the entire thread before saying things like that. Early we spoke of the iphone going to verizon in january. There is also a way to convince verizon to give you a special sim card, that will allow it to work on their towers. I am not sure if this will work, nor if it will work for any other service. I didnt say it made it impossible.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 07-27-2009, 03:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
I bought an iphone to play with... i unlocked it to tmobile (i know no 3G), and to tell you the truth, the novelty wore off really quick..

its fun for games and some apps yes, but after i jailbroke it and installed a bunch of 3rd party apps and themes, the phone started slowing down... for a phone that doesn't fully multitask, that depressed me.

The iphone makes usability extremely simple. The UI is just a bunch of icons, which gets boring after a while. And sure you can change it up with some themes, but honestly, its all the same (like the vista theme uses "clear" icons to make it seem like you have a desktop look).

IMHO if i were dumb enough to be in contract with ATT (the Sh*ttiest company, service-wise, aside from T-mobile) I'd probably have an iphone...

The iphone coming to Verizon next year is the best move crapple could make in the cellular industry.

The next iphone (the 3GSF) is gunna have a FLASH FOR THE CAMERA! NO WAAAY! Thanks Apple for giving us something you could have added 3 years ago! (they might not even add that, who knows)

Anyways, as you can see, i have mixed feelings on the iphone.
there all excited about copy an paste. lol whats up syanni?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I must say yes. I cant believe it took apple that long to give us basic features. It upsets me, it does. But not enough to leave all of the good things behind.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
You might want to actually try it before you quote it as fact. The "backgrounder" application of which you speak is crap. It doesnt work with all apps, and only works sometimes. I've seen it in action, and the guy that had it removed it from his iturd because it didnt work lol. Jailbroken iphones make it "harder" for at&t to catch you tethering, not impossible, so it doesnt fix that either. I also doubt jailbreaking is gonna bring it to a cdma network.

Please read the entire thread before saying things like that. Early we spoke of the iphone going to verizon in january. There is also a way to convince verizon to give you a special sim card, that will allow it to work on their towers. I am not sure if this will work, nor if it will work for any other service. I didnt say it made it impossible.

Cheers,

Matt
So if I lie and make up some story about my job switching providers or something I "might" be able to convince Verizon to give me a sim card that would make my iphone work on their network maybe. Yeah, I read that. That also doesnt change the fact that "backgrounder" doenst make the iphone multitask, or the fact that jailbreaking doesnt make you uncatchable when tethering.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
the special sim is crap... there will be a cdma radio built in.. wtf you think verizon customers want a "special" sim?? That won't change the radio frequencies, it'll just let you use crappy ATT towers, blah. People have Verizon for a reason, the coverage. U know, the thing people complain about ATT most (atleast where i live, Chicago area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
there all excited about copy an paste. lol whats up syanni?
What it is brothaaa!! LOL copy paste and a flash!? Here's 600 bucks!

1GHz processor Toshiba TG01 will STOMP the iphone... bigger screen by about half an inch AND its thinner... yummm
Old 07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

again, it makes it much more difficult. but yea, be really really nice to the people in the store and they might give you a special sim card.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
again, it makes it much more difficult. but yea, be really really nice to the people in the store and they might give you a special sim card.
check your pm
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions