PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Windows jailbreak for 3Gs now available... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73616)

Negrito 07-03-2009 10:34 AM

Windows jailbreak for 3Gs now available...

Quote:

Normally I don't make tools for the general public, and rather wait for the dev team to do it. But guys, whats up with waiting until 3.1? That isn't how the game is played. We release, Apple fixes, we find new holes. It isn't worth waiting because you might have the "last" hole in the iPhone. What last hole...this isn't golf. I'll find a new one next week. Also your purplera1nyday files ensure that you can always get back to a jailbroken state, so if you have it it's just a matter of tools.

Props to chronic dev for their help, and to kroo for writing v2 of Freeze. And props to Saurik for making an awesome package set. Note the binary size of purplera1n, it's smaller than C++ hello world. No 20MB thing that needs to be torrented. And no IPSW to download. This is how jailbreak should be!

Full blog, and links here...
http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2009/...e-it-ra1n.html

codybear 07-03-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Windows jailbreak for 3Gs now available...

Sweetness.
Thanks for this info.
I'll definitely be sending that link to a few friends!!

Certs 07-03-2009 11:08 PM

Yeah I saw this, but some folks are reporting SERIOUS slowdown. Probably gonna wait and see what the dev-team does. Plus I am in the beta program and have 3.1 beta on my phone, so I'm probably screwed out of jailbreaking until its final

Negrito 07-07-2009 03:21 PM

here's an update from the Dev Team...

Quote:

What's old is new again
Last night we released updated versions of our redsn0w jailbreak and ultrasn0w carrier unlock. These versions are now compatible with the iPhone 3GS running at 3.0. Welcome aboard, 3GS owners! (The tools of course remain compatible with all of the other platforms too.) Also last night, saurik released 3GS-compatible versions of MobileSubstrate and WinterBoard, components that enable many different add-ons and themes.
We realize we upset some folks (e.g. existing 3GS owners) with our earlier announcement that we wanted to hold onto the 3GS iBoot-family hole until 3.1 was out. Our aim there was to get as many people as possible onboard (within reason of course) before revealing the hole, since Apple will fix it immediately. But all of that became moot when the purplera1n release was made, since it uses the same hole.
For those of you who already own 3GS phones, the outlook is bright. As long as you have your personalized (signed) dfu/img3 files, you’ll always be able to jailbreak (even if you slip up and install stock Apple firmware in the future). For those of you without 3GS phones, it’s a race against the clock to use this particular hole. There’s nothing we can do about that, but we will always be looking for new holes.
ultrasn0w unlockers — You all must remain particularly vigilent against upgrading your basebands, since doing so will kill the unlock (for most phones, there’s no going backwards in baseband version). Apple has gotten very serious with the latest baseband — they’ve removed 180 (!) commands in an effort to cut down their exposure to holes. So please always stay away from stock Apple IPSWs and instead use our tools as we release them. These tools let you update your firmware without updating your baseband.
Those installing ultrasn0w will probably also need to do a single run of Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. We’re testing various fixes for that particular glitch.
redsn0w platforms — This is the first redsn0w release that also supports linux! It’s the newest version of the bunch, so any feedback would be appreciated. But right now, redsn0w should work on OS X, Windows, and linux.
How to get the goods:
  • The redsn0w torrent seeds are all here. Any direct mirroring help would also be appreciated.
  • The updates to ultrasn0w, MobileSubstrate, and WinterBoard are all handled directly through Cydia (after you’ve jailbroken!)

CyberMonkey 12-07-2009 02:59 PM

Blackra1n is a very simple method of jailbreaking (even unlocking) iPhones....

skeegcpp 12-07-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 1393631)
Blackra1n is a very simple method of jailbreaking (even unlocking) iPhones....

+1...jail broke my sun's mother's iPhone last night
if i may add, that process was DUMB EASY!!!!
way easier then unlocking and flashing on winmo(but dont think im joining the darkside)http://s93380653.onlinehome.us/gamehater/iphone.jpg]
jus seemed like childs play, ya know..?

CyberMonkey 12-08-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1394993)
way easier then unlocking and flashing on winmo(but dont think im joining the darkside)

Yea blackra1n does make it alot easier and faster. No need to "join the dark side".....but we do have cookies :)

skeegcpp 12-08-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 1395833)
Yea blackra1n does make it alot easier and faster. No need to "join the dark side".....but we do have cookies :)

yea I was jus messin wit yall iPhone users. But all respect due to Blackrain, man. Nice work

CyberMonkey 12-08-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1396717)
yea I as jus messin wit yall iPhone users. But all respect due to Blackrain, man. Nice work

Yes it is some nice work. Make jailbreaking the phone nice and simple for the novice person

Rusty Duck 12-10-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1394993)
way easier then unlocking and flashing on winmo(but dont think im joining the darkside)http://s93380653.onlinehome.us/gamehater/iphone.jpg]

Tell us how you really feel... :)

blackra1n makes it sooooo easy!!!