PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WinMo on iPod Touch idea

What I would like to maybe see, is if it would be possible to completely overwrite the iPod Touch interface and/or filesystem with WinMo. For example, have an 8GB iPod Touch, running something like MightyROM5 would be amazing. Plus be able to use the 8GB as an internal storage for files. (I know you can view the entire file system on a jailbroken iPod Touch with an app like iFile).

I know the file system is completely different, but then again, I know a lot of stuff that I thought was impossible I have seen done again and again both here and on xda.

Just wondering! Thanks in advance!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Re: WinMo on iPod Touch idea

reserved for future use.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's seriously doubt it's possible. Who is going to write the drivers for windows to even know its installed on the iDevice?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

point, just figured I would post it, the idea just popped into my head. lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have an iPod touch, and love the Hardware, believe you me, i would love try MightyRom out on it. I just dont see anyone spending the time required.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
reserved for future use.
haha, nice reservation
Old 06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Check here:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/13/w...hone-we-think/
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

I thought WM6 didnt have support for captive touch screens, at most captive touch pad, ie. touch pro/diamond/HD
Old 06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
I thought WM6 didnt have support for captive touch screens, at most captive touch pad, ie. touch pro/diamond/HD
Capacitive

A capacitive touchscreen panel is a sensor typically made of glass coated with a material such as indium tin oxide.[2][3] This type of sensor is basically a capacitor in which the plates are the overlapping areas between the horizontal and vertical axes in a grid pattern. Since the human body also conducts electricity, a touch on the surface of the sensor will affect the electric field and create a measurable change in the capacitance of the device. These sensors work on proximity, and do not have to be directly touched to be triggered. It is a durable technology that is used in a wide range of applications including point-of-sale systems, industrial controls, and public information kiosks. It has a higher clarity than Resistive technology, but it only responds to finger contact and will not work with a gloved hand or pen stylus unless the stylus is conductive. Capacitive touchscreens can also support Multitouch. Examples include Apple Inc.'s iPhone and iPod Touch, HTC's G1 & HTC Magic , Palm Inc.'s Palm Pre and Palm Eos and more recently the LG KM900 Arena, Microsoft's Zune HD, Sony Walkman X series and Sony Ericsson's Aino.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Capacitive
Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
What it probably is; is one of the iPhone knockoffs that are out there (like this for example: http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/06/26/s...-than-hiphone/ )

It would be fairly easy to make an iPhone looking device and have it running WinMo. Also could have the software imitating the iPhone OS.......
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions