PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Who pre-ordered an iPhone 3Gs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
whew!!! i thought Apple had abducted Coz and put and Cozbot in his place!!!!
Not to worry my man!

late,
Coz
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
If the pre is better than the 3G how will it not be better than the 3GS?? The only differences is a video camera lol. The other features like tethering and mms at&t doesn't even support. So explain this different ballgame
i know what you are saying but since it brings the video camera that the Pre lacks (but will get anyway) and also things like the digital compass, twice as much RAM (faster performance) more memory (32 gigs) universal search like the Pre and other goodies, this closes the gap between the Pre and iPhone enough for me to wait for a head to head comparison instead of basing my desicion on the Pre vs 3G comparisons (which Pre blew away BTW, check out the 4 video comparison from Phonedog on youtube) Im not saying that the 3GS WILL be better but i want to see a dogfight between the new iPhone and the Pre since its new hardware vs new hardware so i dont get the "the 3G is a year old" excuse

still getting the Pre most likely

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 06-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
i know what you are saying but since it brings the video camera that the Pre lacks (but will get anyway) and also things like the digital compass, twice as much RAM (faster performance) more memory (32 gigs) universal search like the Pre and other goodies, this closes the gap between the Pre and iPhone enough for me to wait for a head to head comparison instead of basing my desicion on the Pre vs 3G comparisons (which Pre blew away BTW, check out the 4 video comparison from Phonedog on youtube) Im not saying that the 3GS WILL be better but i want to see a dogfight between the new iPhone and the Pre since its new hardware vs new hardware so i dont get the "the 3G is a year old" excuse

still getting the Pre most likely
Well even if it has twice the ram, you will still only be able to have one app open at a time. Unless they've changed that with this one too, but I doubt it.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I have a freind at work that just ordered on iphone 3g 8gig today from at&t and it was only 63 bucks! and he didnt even have to renew his contract. I guess with the new one coming out theve really dropped the prices on the old one

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I have both the iPhone 3G and a Touch Pro. I love both devices for different reasons. I can NOT type on the stupid iPhone. I have to have a keyboard. So, for business use I love the Touch Pro. It has the keyboard, fantastic push email, easy texting. A really great device, but gaming on it is another story.

That is where the iPhone comes in. I love the games on it. A quick way to waste time, music is easy, video is easy. As an entertainment device, the iPhone wins hands down. All that said, though, if my work didn't buy me one, I'd never have gotten one. I really like Windows Mobile. I even really like HTC devices. If I had a gun to my head and I had to pick one, I'd have a hard time. They are both great devices in different areas.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow the site is really changing,well i guess just wait and see whats next
Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
wow the site is really changing,well i guess just wait and see whats next
haha, I agree.
I'm disappointed in iphone users.
lmao. jj.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
They are both great devices in different areas.
nail on the head....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
nail on the head....
ditto...I have a Touch Pro, and I also own a iPod Touch. I must say, for mainly everything, I love my Touch Pro, hands down. But as far as waking me up and keeping all my music, and the beer pong app , my iPod works pretty well for that, as well as a secondary calendar and contacts list (sync'd through an exchange server.)

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
I have both the iPhone 3G and a Touch Pro. I love both devices for different reasons. I can NOT type on the stupid iPhone. I have to have a keyboard. So, for business use I love the Touch Pro. It has the keyboard, fantastic push email, easy texting. A really great device, but gaming on it is another story.

That is where the iPhone comes in. I love the games on it. A quick way to waste time, music is easy, video is easy. As an entertainment device, the iPhone wins hands down. All that said, though, if my work didn't buy me one, I'd never have gotten one. I really like Windows Mobile. I even really like HTC devices. If I had a gun to my head and I had to pick one, I'd have a hard time. They are both great devices in different areas.
great post yuma, but if i had a gun to my head i'd chose WinMo in an instant !!!

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions