PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone....no way man

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well...I'll say this.
Maybe when Iphone owners become more educated about WinMo from these forums and they find out how much more they can do with a PPC they might tell Apple to shove it!
I think that when people become more educated about a subject, whatever it is, they are less likely to be willing to abide by restrictions like those that are forced on Apple Customers/Users.
Maybe they will convert from the Dark Side.
Like Yoda said..."The Dark Side is quicker...more seductive."

Just my two cents.
<insert yoda voice here> mm, a point does young horndoctor have. Educate them, we must. Learn from each other, we may.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.

Last edited by Major_Nate; 06-16-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: oops, misspelling
Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
The day you consider a mac a pc will be the day that statement has ground!!
My multiple Macs ARE PCs!! They are Personal Computers. They even run Windows, every one of them. So what makes them not a PC?

I have 2 Windows PCs (P4 machines) and a Mac Pro (8 Cores and 8GB RAM) and a Macbook Pro. All of them are PCs. I just happen to use the faster ones more, and they just happen to run primarily the Mac OS, but are just as capable of running Windows, and when necessary I'll even launch Windows.

Quote:
but I think the point is that when people think of Pocket PC's, they think of Windows Mobile.
Until recently there was no choice on the matter. You used Windows Mobile because there were very limited options on other mobile OSes. WM or Palm... now you just add additional mobile OSes, but they are all personal computers that fit in your pocket, thus pocket pc's.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
When you look up pocket pc on Wiki, here is the first sentence of their article:
"A Pocket PC, abbreviated P/PC or PPC, is a hardware specification for a handheld-sized computer (Personal digital assistant) that runs the MicrosoftWindows Mobile operating system."

Now granted, the 2nd line says "It may have the capability to run an alternative operating system like NetBSD, Linux, Android or others. It has many of the capabilities of modern desktop PCs." ....but I think the point is that when people think of Pocket PC's, they think of Windows Mobile.
History lesson time.

If you're wanting to go litteral on the "Pocket PC" or PPC, then technically your Diamond, Touch Pro, and all other things shouldn't be on this site either.

PocketPC, or PPC, is no more. It died. "Windows Mobile" killed it. Common vernacular at times is still to consider Windows Mobile Devices as PocketPC's because that was the name of the OS that popularized windows on devices (Funnily enough, they were previously Handheld PC's [HPC's] running WindowsCE before PocketPC came out). However, the "PocketPC" as it was traditionally and technically known is no more.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
History lesson time.

If you're wanting to go litteral on the "Pocket PC" or PPC, then technically your Diamond, Touch Pro, and all other things shouldn't be on this site either.

PocketPC, or PPC, is no more. It died. "Windows Mobile" killed it. Common vernacular at times is still to consider Windows Mobile Devices as PocketPC's because that was the name of the OS that popularized windows on devices (Funnily enough, they were previously Handheld PC's [HPC's] running WindowsCE before PocketPC came out). However, the "PocketPC" as it was traditionally and technically known is no more.
you make no sense. The first pocket PC ran windows and so does every other pocket pc. For you to even try and say that isn't the case is foolish. You have your opinion and we have ours. If it's not running windows it's not a Pocket PC in my book and it's that plain and simple.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
My multiple Macs ARE PCs!! They are Personal Computers. They even run Windows, every one of them. So what makes them not a PC?

I have 2 Windows PCs (P4 machines) and a Mac Pro (8 Cores and 8GB RAM) and a Macbook Pro. All of them are PCs. I just happen to use the faster ones more, and they just happen to run primarily the Mac OS, but are just as capable of running Windows, and when necessary I'll even launch Windows.

Until recently there was no choice on the matter. You used Windows Mobile because there were very limited options on other mobile OSes. WM or Palm... now you just add additional mobile OSes, but they are all personal computers that fit in your pocket, thus pocket pc's.
So i guess microsofts new advertisment is for both mac and windows pc's. Hell in that case we are all PC's lol. You can play with the definition all you want. I still will feel as i do.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I'm closin this one down because I see it going nowhere fast.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions