PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone....no way man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I can care less who uses the phone. I don't want one and the phone i have i would like to continue to have support for but when u do something like this people will venture off
I think were a strong enough community that we can get past this.....If not that really speaks lowly of our character. Just ignore the forum its that simple. I doubt it will really even get used much.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

what a bunch of babies.... are you so insecure on your OS that you have to bash anything else accepted here??? i never owned a iPhone neither i am a fanboy but the negativity here is childish, if you dont like it then dont post or read here,simple as that.

the mods added it for the growth of the site so deal with it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
what a bunch of babies.... are you so insecure on your OS that you have to bash anything else accepted here??? i never owned a iPhone neither i am a fanboy but the negativity here is childish, if you dont like it then dont post or read here,simple as that.

Agreed.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
what a bunch of babies.... are you so insecure on your OS that you have to bash anything else accepted here???
I agree 100%.

I have three Sprint TouchPro's that I activated on Verizon & I absolutely LOVE them, but I love my 16 gig ipod touch also (I use it tethered to the TP with WMWifirouter).

I gotta say if I could figure out how to activate an iphone on Verizon service I would probably own one of them too......

~John
Old 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

the best way to convert someone is to welcome them into your fold with open arms... think about it...

[
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well...I'll say this.
Maybe when Iphone owners become more educated about WinMo from these forums and they find out how much more they can do with a PPC they might tell Apple to shove it!
I think that when people become more educated about a subject, whatever it is, they are less likely to be willing to abide by restrictions like those that are forced on Apple Customers/Users.
Maybe they will convert from the Dark Side.
Like Yoda said..."The Dark Side is quicker...more seductive."

Just my two cents.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i don't know about the rest of you, but this is a dark day @ ppcgeeks. is xda gonna add an iphoney section too?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
this sucks. Why are we all of a sudden making exceptions. In that case make an exception and let me cuss because this is bs. This site is for pocket pc's. I don't see a forum for us on those iphone, or palm sites
I'll repeat something I said in another thread, as it certainly pertains here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
Well, technically the name of the site is PPCGeeks. One could make the argument that a Pocket Personal Computer would include devices like the Pre and iPhone even if they don't run Windows Mobile. Is a computer that runs Windows a PC? What if you re-format and install Linux on that same machine? Is it no longer a PC? Just asking.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
I'll repeat something I said in another thread, as it certainly pertains here...
Well two can play the Pete & Repeat game!

I think this is a good move for the site-- in terms of Web OS and Android, since they're designed to be very open and flexible for developers to experiment with. Multiple devices with a very very diverse environment is a great thing.

I do NOT feel the iPhone, however, fits this mentality. The whole platform is designed to be BY APPLE FOR APPLE, and any vendor that retains the rights to actively ban and block applications they don't happen to like (not to mention so actively restricts the means of acquiring apps) goes against the entire philosophy of a site like this... especially since non-iStore apps require jailbreaking the phone which Apple classifies as a violation of their terms. Violating the terms of Apple's agreements so blatantly would bring their wrath upon this site AND would violate this site's standing policies of condoning legal activities.

I can sit here and praise the device all sorts of ways, but gussy it up however I want, what matters is having this subforum opens the doors to all sorts of problems and conflicts that we'd rather not have.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
I know what you mean....but as much as I personally dislike the Iphone lets keep an open mind and be the better site and provide a good home for everyone, even stinky Iphoner's lol. Heck you might start seeing some advantages and different sides to the Iphone instead of the stereotype little spoiled emo kid image that we place with it.
are there really anyone else who owns the phone?????

JUST KIDDING!! I couldn't resist. haha.

Quote:

I agree, who cares.
It can lead to more donations,
I mean if the people have the money to waste on their iphones,
then they should have the money to donate to PPCGeeks.
Again, couldn't resist.

But overall I say change is good,
and it's whatever.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions