PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   iCloud back up excluding photos option ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150079)

clouthier 05-17-2012 05:32 AM

iCloud back up excluding photos option ?

I am considering backing up my iPhone to iCloud vs. PC. I would prefer to keep it backed up to PC but I like backing up with no wires, and Wifi sync is not 100% reliable-every several days it stops working until I plug it in via USB. I'm done fussing with it. The thing is, iTunes gives the option to not back up photos whereas I don't see that option on the Cloud. I don't want my pictures going to the Cloud. I have a thing about pictures of my kids being in some information highway loop, or even for that matter, pictures of my other family or self. I don't send MMS pictures either. It's a personal preference.

So is there any way to not back my pictures up to iCloud?

markwallk 05-29-2012 02:18 PM

Re: iCloud back up excluding photos option ?

I think it should be photo back up option available when you are starting your back through iCloud because When i start to make any kind of back with iCloud that time this option always available. iCloud automatically backs it up daily over Wi-Fi when your device is connected to a power source. Once you plug it in, everything is backed up quickly and efficiently. That’s because Backup is like everything else in iCloud: convenient and completely effortless.

markwallk 05-29-2012 02:19 PM

I think it should be photo back up option available when you are starting your back through iCloud because When i start to make any kind of back with iCloud that time this option always available. iCloud automatically backs it up daily over Wi-Fi when your device is connected to a power source. Once you plug it in, everything is backed up quickly and efficiently. That’s because Backup is like everything else in iCloud: convenient and completely effortless.

rainfreak 05-31-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouthier (Post 2178963)
I am considering backing up my iPhone to iCloud vs. PC. I would prefer to keep it backed up to PC but I like backing up with no wires, and Wifi sync is not 100% reliable-every several days it stops working until I plug it in via USB. I'm done fussing with it. The thing is, iTunes gives the option to not back up photos whereas I don't see that option on the Cloud. I don't want my pictures going to the Cloud. I have a thing about pictures of my kids being in some information highway loop, or even for that matter, pictures of my other family or self. I don't send MMS pictures either. It's a personal preference.

So is there any way to not back my pictures up to iCloud?

Settings>iCloud>Photo Stream

Turn that off and your pictures will not back up to iCloud.