PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

port55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint iPhone 4s unlocking???

Now I'm confused.. Some say there is a JB for the 4s and JackSchitt says there isnt one for the 4s.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

port55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by port55 View Post
Now I'm confused.. Some say there is a JB for the 4s and JackSchitt says there isnt one for the 4s.
And also I understand that unlocking is a different thing from jail breaking. I have searched for the answer to this question with no luck(or I'm just an idiot lol) but if I unlock my sprint 4s then will I be able to use other providers network? Ie.. Verizon? Thanks for helping a dummy lol I am ready to JB and possibly unlock. Thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

You are correct, and therefore not as much of an idiot as you thought.

When you jailbreak an iPhone, you are doing the equivalent of rooting an Android device, meaning that you gain access to system files on the device that are normally locked from the manufacturer. This allows you to make many more modifications to the device that are normally not allowed to be done. In the case of the iPhone, this includes installing apps from sources other than iTunes, modding the home and lock screens, free WiFi tethering, etc.

When you unlock a phone you are opening it up to work on a different carrier, using the same type of service, than the one you purchased the phone on. This includes unlocking an iPhone from ATT to work on T-Mobile and the same goes for an iPhone from Sprint to work on Verizon (or vice versa). ATT and T-Mobile use GSM and Sprint and Verizon use CDMA. That means the technology has to be the same for the iPhone to work on the other carrier, so an ATT phone will not work on Sprint or Verizon and a Sprint or Verizon phone will not work on ATT or T-Mobile.

In the end, unlocking and jailbreaking are indeed two totally separate things with two totally separate results.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

port55 is a n00b

So is there a jailbreak released for the sprint iPhone 4s? I don't want to brick it lol. Some say yes and some say no. Btw you've been thanked
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Yes there is a jailbreak for the Sprint iPhone 4S. The untethered, and best one available, can be found here:

Greenpois0n.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

port55 is a n00b

Last question lol... Will I lose all my aps I paid for and my contacts as well? Thanks again
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: marketing
Carrier: T-Mobile

ronypaul is a n00b

According to me, Sprint and VZW refuse to activate unlocked iPhones. You would only be able to use it on ATT or Tmobile (without 3G).
Old 05-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: vodafone

markwallk is a n00b

OK you can make your iPhone unlock but there is locking code available on itunes.com or Apple store but if you are using iPhone jail break. Because recently also launch update with iOS 5.1.1.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yo RAINFREAK and Co , is this the thread u were talking bout, like someone was drunk writing it hihi

OK you can make your iPhone unlock but there is locking code available on itunes.com or Apple store but if you are using iPhone jail break. Because recently also launch update with iOS 5.1.1.

Just messing with ya Texas dude, hope all is well here. Dont tequilla and drive and while you at it happy unlocking and jailbreaking

Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: vodafone

markwallk is a n00b

OK now you can unlock you iPhone 4s with jailbreak firmware iOS 5.1.1 upgrade your mobile. For the upgrade your mobile you can download and install this application from the iTune Apple Store. It provide many feature like unlock, quick sms, navigation, etc. So you can unlock your phone.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions