PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   verizon iphone 4 music (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147880)

teedmon09 11-06-2011 04:40 PM

verizon iphone 4 music

sorry for the noob question but i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to transfer my music from my phone to my laptop also i am not jail broken can someone please help me need to update my os but dont wanna lose everything

fixxxer2012 11-06-2011 05:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.145728) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I believe itunes does a backup then restore after the update.

teedmon09 11-06-2011 05:46 PM

Re: verizon iphone 4 music

yes it does but only things you downloaded from itunes so that isnt going to work for me

rainfreak 11-07-2011 06:23 AM

Re: verizon iphone 4 music

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedmon09 (Post 2154345)
sorry for the noob question but i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to transfer my music from my phone to my laptop also i am not jail broken can someone please help me need to update my os but dont wanna lose everything

So if I am understanding you correctly, you have two issues:
  1. Transfer music on your iPhone to laptop.
  2. You want to update the iOS but not lose your music, apps, settings, etc.

The first one is easy enough. As long as you use the same Apple ID in iTunes, you can sync your iPhone with up to five computers. So, using the same Apple ID as you did when you loaded the music on your iPhone, sync with the laptop and it should automatically sync your music to the laptop. If not, make sure that the option to have iTunes manage your music on your iPhone is synced under the Music tab of your device, and you should be good to go.

The second one is just as easy, but requires a little more information to ensure that we don't miss anything. What version of iOS are you running now? Do you have documents on the iPhone that you want to save? Are all of your apps purchased from the App Store and do you have the Apple ID information for those purchases? If you don't have documents to save from the iPhone, you bought all of the apps and know the Apple ID associated with those purchases, than it is a very straight forward upgrade.

Just sync your iPhone with iTunes and let it download and install the update. If you are not prompted for an update, you can perform a manual check for software upgrades on the summary tab of your device. iTunes will then perform a backup automatically of your iPhone including all apps and associated apps settings/data, as well as your device settings, contacts, etc. Then, after the upgrade is complete, iTunes will automatically restore your iPhone apps and settings.

If I made any wrong assumptions, or you need anything further, let me know and I'll reply back with more detail. Good luck.