PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: WHAT IS BETTER?

Yes, that was just an example.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Sounds like the signal loss problem that plagued the Samsung Moment, say it ain't so. I may stick with my Epic if that's a problem with the ET4G.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
It isn't were, it is current. It is the phone because the signal strength is not the issue, I have great coverage. I have reactivated my Epic recently and didn't have any loss of service issues at all after doing so. My E4GT dropped complete coverage twice before I even left the house earlier requiring a complete reboot just to get any signal at all (granted I left at like 11:30ish) and that is with Airave coverage. Are you confusing poor coverage with a total loss of service?
Not that this will fix the LOS issue with your E4GT, but have you checked to see if your Airave has any available software updates? Mine was acting flaky and was dropping signal every now and then and I checked mine and I was a full version behind in the software. I updated it and it worked much better afterward.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community

It happens everywhere, not just at home. That was just an example of a situation where signal is not an issue.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
It happens everywhere, not just at home. That was just an example of a situation where signal is not an issue.
Oh, I know, I read your post. I was just saying that a lot of times the Airave's are not set to update automatically and the software updates typically offer better performance.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Gotcha, I'll give it a go.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How do you check for airwave software updates?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Mine was an older version and I did it by opening a browser and connecting to the Airave by IP Address. Apparently the new Airave units automatically update themselves.

Find and update the software version on your AIRAVE Access Point

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Tags
best phone, droid photon, iphone 4s, which is better