PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint iPhone

I'm guessing not too many people switched their phone on sprint to the iPhone. I dint see to many discussions. I'm still on my evo

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; MSM Build/FRX07) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Lasy time I looked at the sprint site, a couple of models were out of stock.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
But what I am getting at is not too much talk about sprint version
Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Sprint iPhone

That's because this site is pretty much a black hole for Apple products. No one mentions them much here because there are way too many haters and because there is not a good network of Apple users at PPCG for support. We've all moved on to other sites.

It's a shame too; I didn't really think that my choice in phones would change my standing at this site, but it has. But now I just spend all my time at other sites and getting good Apple related information and discussing stuff with other Apple users. Works for me.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

there's a few people on this site considering it, but not many.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
That's because this site is pretty much a black hole for Apple products. No one mentions them much here because there are way too many haters and because there is not a good network of Apple users at PPCG for support. We've all moved on to other sites.

It's a shame too; I didn't really think that my choice in phones would change my standing at this site, but it has. But now I just spend all my time at other sites and getting good Apple related information and discussing stuff with other Apple users. Works for me.
Hey man! Did you end up getting the 4s? I think there are things in the works which will make this place a forum for everyday users as well as the hardcore flashers. I'm not ashamed to admit I would consider an iphone. Why not? I only wish they would have added LTE and a 4" screen and that would definitely be in my pocket when I switch carriers in the near future. May still end up in my wife's pocket though LOL I think we as a community should not discount any device at this point imo. Variety is the spice of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there's a few people on this site considering it, but not many.
That's probably true but there are some major advantages to having something that works out of the box with virtually no modification needed. I think the average users (90% of the general public) appreciate this or more to the point don't think/care about the alternative which is what we do here (Rooting, flashing, modding the snot outta our phones). My guess is there will be alot more iPhone users in the near future here and I hope we can continue working towards creating an environment that makes them feel welcome.

Last edited by Riley; 10-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

I switched from the EVO 3D to the iPhone 4S. I have long been a hater on Apple products especially the iPhone. I was really hoping they were going to announce the iPhone 5 cause I def was going to get one then. So at first i was disappointed with the 4S announcement but then I watch some of the videos on Siri and I was sold. Now my reasoning for ditching Android and HTC is basically I wanted better battery life. I hated going out on a Saturday night and constantly checking my battery on my phone and worrying that it won't last me the whole night. I loved my first EVO but the 3D not so much, the signal was much weaker than the original EVO, and the 3D got old fast.

I've had my 4S since Friday and I love it so far. But I do miss my email widgets and some apps like Plume (twitter) and Google talk. One thing were the iPhone falls short is you can't add attachments to an email unless you go to the photo first and then select send as email. But if you're starting a new message or replying to an email you can add an attachment and I don't like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
I switched from the EVO 3D to the iPhone 4S. I have long been a hater on Apple products especially the iPhone. I was really hoping they were going to announce the iPhone 5 cause I def was going to get one then. So at first i was disappointed with the 4S announcement but then I watch some of the videos on Siri and I was sold. Now my reasoning for ditching Android and HTC is basically I wanted better battery life. I hated going out on a Saturday night and constantly checking my battery on my phone and worrying that it won't last me the whole night. I loved my first EVO but the 3D not so much, the signal was much weaker than the original EVO, and the 3D got old fast.

I've had my 4S since Friday and I love it so far. But I do miss my email widgets and some apps like Plume (twitter) and Google talk. One thing were the iPhone falls short is you can't add attachments to an email unless you go to the photo first and then select send as email. But if you're starting a new message or replying to an email you can add an attachment and I don't like that.
Good feedback. I assume you got the Sprint iPhone? How's the browser and in general data speeds been? Has the battery life been much better for you? I know it's only been a few days so that may take some more time to determine. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

there's been tons of complaints in the sprint community forum about the slow speeds related to the iPhone.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have an Iphone w/ Sprint and have no complaints, data is usually at a meg steady, I never have dropped calls and Siri always works for me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions