PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution
Carrier: Sprint

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Please

hello im really new on iphone, im coming from android, i just bought my Verizon Iphone last friday and friend of mine jailbreke for me using greenpoison, the problem that i have is this, everytime that im trying sync my iphone itunes freeze and wont let me do nothing, can somebody help me please

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
hello im really new on iphone, im coming from android, i just bought my Verizon Iphone last friday and friend of mine jailbreke for me using greenpoison, the problem that i have is this, everytime that im trying sync my iphone itunes freeze and wont let me do nothing, can somebody help me please
update iTunes to the latest version and try again, you may also end up having to restore and re-jailbreak, but lets try to update first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
update iTunes to the latest version and try again, you may also end up having to restore and re-jailbreak, but lets try to update first.
i just restored but now i have firmware 4.2.7 after restore can i use your method to put it back to 4.2.6 an then re-jailbrake using greenpoison again.

thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

uh oh.

I should have probably told you not to update to 4.2.7

greenpois0n and limera1n won't work. Try redsn0w and use the GSM tutorial:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/gsm-iphone...sh-thread.html

you would use this firmware during the jailbreak

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...3_Restore.ipsw

let me know if this works, I will update the CDMA jailbreak thread.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i tryied but when the phone start to run the process, it stuck, so that method dont work, so i gonna need wait till some dev create a new way for 4.2.7
Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
i tryied but when the phone start to run the process, it stuck, so that method dont work, so i gonna need wait till some dev create a new way for 4.2.7
where exactly does it "get stuck" and what does it do?

we might be able to get this working
Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

my phone show that is jailbreaking and redsnow stuck on the 6th blue rectangle, i leaved pluged for aroud 10 mins and anything hapend
Old 04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok now it went trough but my cydia got a white icon only
Old 04-22-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
ok now it went trough but my cydia got a white icon only
sounds like it might be tethered.

run the jailbreak again and only select "boot tethered for now" and see what happens.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yea, it works, i hope untethered version coming out soon, thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions