PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gizmodo just reported NEW iPhone to Verizon news...

The Verizon iPhone Will Be Announced on January 11

Please confirm your birth date:

Please enter a valid date
Please enter your full birth year

This content is restricted.

The Verizon iPhone Will Be Announced on January 11

Verizon's holding a special event on January 11. They're announcing the Verizon iPhone. We're almost certain of it, and here's why:
There's been a Verizon event making the rounds—it's next Tuesday, January 11th. The invite has been sent to MG Siegler of Techcrunch and Jim Dalrymple of Loop Insight—both pretty prolific Apple reporter/writers/bloggers/whatever—along with our friends at MSNBC, Engadget and others. As MG himself notes:
I don't typically get invites directly from Verizon to anything. At least not that I can recall. They usually send those directly to the MobileCrunch and CrunchGear guys. But this invite appears to very specifically be for me - it's non-transferable. Would Verizon send me such an invite unless it was specially about Apple?
Here's what's key: We're great friends with Verizon. (Hi guys!) We've worked with them for years, and we've been to like every event they've had over the last three years. We haven't gotten an invite. Which is weird. We've reached out to Verizon to see why, exactly, we weren't invited, but we've gotten no comment yet. (And they're super on their game, so they're usually pretty quick to reply.) The only reason we can think of is that it's an Apple event, and Steve doesn't want us there. You know the story.
The other evidence is strong too: Added to everything that's been reported over the last few months—and again today in the Times and All Things D, we think Verizon's announcing the iPhone.
If we did something else, Verizon, we're sorry! Call us!
The author of this post can be contacted at tips@gizmodo.com
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Threadstarter

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Gizmodo just reported NEW iPhone to Verizon news...

Also From Engadget.com

Wall Street Journal: Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday -- Engadget#

Wall Street Journal: Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday

By Nilay Patel posted Jan 7th 2011 5:43PM
Breaking News

Well, here we are: the Wall Street Journal says Verizon will indeed announce the iPhone at its mysterious Tuesday event, according to "a source familiar with the matter." That's all the info the Journal has, but we'd say that all but seals it at this point -- and you know we'll be there live when it happens.

P.S. And just like that, Apple's managed to once again be one of the biggest stories at CES with zero presence here. That's what, five years in a row now?

Wall Street Journal

Leave A Comment
Tweet

apple, breaking news, BreakingNews, cdma, cdma iphone, CdmaIphone, iphone, verizon, verizon iphone, VerizonIphone

From Our Partners
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Threadstarter

WHO's Gettign this thing???
p.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yea, i saw an article yesterday that retailers were accidentily getting replacement parts for the new cdma iphone, witch will be a slightly diffrent form factor than current. this is a diff. article, i can find the one i was reading yesterday.
Did parts from a new iPhone model (briefly) appear on YouTube? - Yahoo! News

Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm just waiting for Tuesday *sigh*

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just another reason to make fun of vzw people, sorry court.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
just another reason to make fun of vzw people, sorry court.
Iphone will be on verizon starting feb.3. Who's making fun of who now?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Who in their right mind is going to sign a 20+ month contract for a 3G only phone? Verizon just released LTE and this is the best they can do? Insert giant *FAIL* here, with all the data the iPhone uses, limiting it to just 3G is insane.

Placing bets on whether or not Verizon can actually handle additional data in the volume of 4 to 5 million people. The expected ~2+ million that claimed they'll leave AT&T and the existing people that will trade their phones in or buy out of contract to go to Verizon.

Time to sit back and eat popcorn and watch the fireworks start...

Last edited by testacon; 01-11-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Who in their right mind is going to sign a 20+ month contract for a 3G only phone? Verizon just released LTE and this is the best they can do? Insert giant *FAIL* here, with all the data the iPhone uses, limiting it to just 3G is insane.

Placing bets on whether or not Verizon can actually handle additional data in the volume of 4 to 5 million people. The expected ~2+ million that claimed they'll live AT&T and the existing people that will trade their phones in or buy out of contract to go to Verizon.

Time to sit back and eat popcorn and watch the fireworks start...
well they're selling 3G only WP7 phones on every network aren't they?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
well they're selling 3G only WP7 phones on every network aren't they?
To answer that question I'll amend my earlier statement by saying, "Who in their right mind is going to sign a 20+ month contract for a WP7 device? <Start Sarcasm> I hope all 100 people are happy with their choice... <End Sarcasm>

The Verizon iPhone is such a downgrade compared to AT&T's version, minus antenna design. I wonder if Verizon sales will be telling customers, simultaneous data and voice didn't make this iOS release but a future update is in the works...

Whoever stays with AT&T after all those supposed millions jump to Verizon will probably have significant throughput increases, then will sit back and watch Verizon's network crumble after they get slammed like AT&T did a few years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like AT&T or Steve "The Douche" Jobs either, I'm just calling it as I see it. The iPhone on AT&T is superior in round 1 with Verizon, maybe the playing field will level out in round 2, but I wouldn't commit to 20+ months with Verizon's version if I were to get an iPhone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions