PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
T-Mobile's iPhone customer support

So I was having just a little bit of an issue getting MMS to work on a 3G. I could send but got an error when I was receiving them. Tried a bunch of settings and nothing seemed to work. So I got on a chat line with a Tmobile tech person and told them my issues. What's so funny is that I know people who give me horror stories about ATT support. This lady seemed to know iPhones better than any ATT rep.

She didn't ask me how I was using an iPhone on tmobile or anything, just got down to business. First she gave me some APN settings to try for WAP and for MMS, we went back and forth and realized the APN settings were not going to work. Then she tells me to open Cydia and search for a specific carrier package that would update some more settings on my phone. She obviously knew the iPhone was jailbroken if I was getting tmobile service, but having an actual tmobile service tech person tell me to get on Cydia and start downloading packages seemed pretty funny to me. So I installing the right packages + reset everything looks to be working fine.

The whole thing was pretty surreal.

I damn near started asking her if by any chance she could give me the Desire HD source code so I could get the damn camera working on my HD2 ROM, but decided not to press my luck.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: T-Mobile's iPhone customer support

Are you paying the 5.99 for the T-Zones internet hack or 9.99? The best I can do was get my girl the 9.99 plan because T-Mo said they don't offer the 5.99 plan anymore.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
One thing that you have to realize,
Is that att tech reps are only allowed to give a limited amount of iPhone support. They are trained to do so much, for in depth support you have to user apples support line...

It's something that apple dictates to att and has them do, not att's choice.

Apple makes a ton off support calls. ($29.99 a pop after the phone is older than 90 days).

So just keep that in mind when you attack att reps like that for "not knowing iPhones better than tmobile reps". It's not by choice..... Blame apple for that one. I say you got lucky on your end and I congratulate you for that.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

If they wanted to learn how to support the phone they could. There's no agreement that they need to be ignorant about it.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm in complete awe of tmobiles' customer service. my screen is acting funny on my hd2. took it to the tmo store, they give me cs. cs apologized repeatedly, told me they were sending a brand new 1, and to keep everything but the phone. a+ from me!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Retired Staff

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
If they wanted to learn how to support the phone they could. There's no agreement that they need to be ignorant about it.
That's where you're wrong. Att reps are trained for basic device support, anything in more detail they have to refer to apple.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
That's where you're wrong. Att reps are trained for basic device support, anything in more detail they have to refer to apple.

you're telling me if they know how to help you they are not allowed to?

If that's the case then ATT is stupid for signing a contract like that with Apple, hopefully VZW won't be as obtuse.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff

Meaning the majority don't know and you got lucky for getting someone who did because iphone support isn't something that att is trained on because it's not their responsibility. Apple would rather make money off fools too stupid to google than have att give out support for free.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions