PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Or perhaps he knew the fandroids would be trolling to find a chance to bash the iPhone. Umm, score then? But seriously, I think a phone is only as smart as it's owner. Let's face it, there are quite a few people out there that make the jitterbug look like a smartphone with the way they act.
I don't see much iPhone bashing. Thus, fail. I do see decent discussion regarding the available OSes though. I don't really care either way.

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2010, 01:15 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Why is iPhone not considered a smartphone?

the definition of a smart phone is sync capabilities, meaning to a pc. in the winmo world smartphones did not have a touchscreen, but had some type of qwerty kb. A touchscreen was a requirement for a PocketPC (winmo pro). there were other API differences as well between the standard and pro versions.

basically the iphone is a hybrid slightly de-evolved version of m$ had been doing for years. really the main difference between blackberry and iphone is buttons and java.

which reminds me, are we going to start referring to bb's as the Oracle?
what remains to be seen is just how far wm7 leaned to the 'phone' side. (notice the lack of that word in ppc.)
Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Why do people on this site state the iPhone is not a “real smartphone” but WinMo, Android supposedly are?

To me, this is not only a smartphone, its like a laptop replacement. My laptop just collects dust now, I don’t see what’s the point of turning on a laptop when I can do almost everything right on my iphone with that beautiful hi-def screen.
silly me not reading the entire first post..
can the iphone communicate with any serial port?
the iphone is completely proprietary where the others (mainly only HTC the last few years) are made to work with and quickly adapt to any hardware specs desired, all that's needed is a driver. with apple there are no 'drivers' rather the o/s kernel needs updated or the hardware must conform to the existing instruction sets.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The iPhone is a Smartphone but it certainly isn't a PocketPC.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
can the iphone communicate with any serial port?

you still use a serial port?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I don't see much iPhone bashing. Thus, fail. I do see decent discussion regarding the available OSes though. I don't really care either way.

EVO on Tapatalk

It was just a joke, Professor pass/fail
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
you still use a serial port?
all the time to program equipment, mostly PBX's. I think I may have used my apache a few times to setup those old cisco dsl modems.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
all the time to program equipment, mostly PBX's. I think I may have used my apache a few times to setup those old cisco dsl modems.
lol, wow.

Yeah USB handles all my needs.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
lol, wow.

Yeah USB handles all my needs.
Well USB is serial :P

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lol. Werd.

EVO on Tapatalk
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions