PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Why is iPhone not considered a smartphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i cant contend with all your points,
exactly,

the funny thing is it can do so many things even a winmo phone can't do.

But I'll stick with WinMo/Android for now.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:54 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
exactly,

the funny thing is it can do so many things even a winmo phone can't do.

But I'll stick with WinMo/Android for now.
the way you worded that, makes it seem as though i was talking about winmo. i was going more apples to apples by comparing dumbphones. please dont drag winmo in to this. we all know its a beast in its last death throes.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
the way you worded that, makes it seem as though i was talking about winmo. i was going more apples to apples by comparing dumbphones. please dont drag winmo in to this. we all know its a beast in its last death throes.

well winmo IS considered a smartphone, so a comparison was worthy. It can also do things Android can't and can actually copy/paste unlike winpho7.

Having said that I actually am pretty excited about winpho7.

Just noticed your avatar.

Man I think I saw every "cartoon planet" episode back in the day, SGCTC wasn't as good, but was funny sometimes.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Man I think I saw every "cartoon planet" episode back in the day, SGCTC wasn't as good, but was funny sometimes.
we just cant agree on anything. while i have seen a lot of cartoon planet, sgc2c and the brak show are the 2 best shows ive ever seen! you must not "420". ive got tattoos of brak and zorak on the back of each of my arms. im getting space ghost and moltar when ive got the money.

Last edited by austin420; 08-25-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
ive got tattoos of brak and zorak on the back of each of my arms. im getting space ghost and moltar when ive got the money.
well, I can agree that those are perhaps the most awesome tattoos ever.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

of course the iPhone is. It runs a *nix os (darwin) and it supports third party native apps. That last bit is pretty much the major differentiator between dumb and smart phones - do they support third party native apps (not just midlets, although back in the day, supporting midlets was good enough to get you the smartphone stamp.)

Why they aren't consider smartphones here has nothing to do with reality.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

to answer the original question:

studies show that fanboyism has been known to cause irrational thinking and behavior. extreme cases are known to make its victims completley lose touch with reality.

that being said, the iphone IS a smartphone. its not the smartphone for me personally but it is for sure a smartphone no question
Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think the point if this thread was to attempt to stir things up as nikkg likes to do from time to time. Perhaps he was looking for another reason to praise and defend the iPhone against ill comments. Fail.

EVO on Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I think the point if this thread was to attempt to stir things up as nikkg likes to do from time to time. Perhaps he was looking for another reason to praise and defend the iPhone against ill comments. Fail.

EVO on Tapatalk

Or perhaps he knew the fandroids would be trolling to find a chance to bash the iPhone. Umm, score then? But seriously, I think a phone is only as smart as it's owner. Let's face it, there are quite a few people out there that make the jitterbug look like a smartphone with the way they act.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

For those that don't know what a Jitterbug is with all the Jitterbug references, here it is below:

It actually makes a not to bad phone for elderly and little kids >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions