PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
iphone 4 Questions ;)

I'm considering now leaving Sprint and my Android love because I want a simple to use device that works out the box =P! I want to know a few things though for those that have an Iphone 4, does it lag? how good does the skype application work based on skype to skype call since it dails out via 3g now which is good! Lastly... are you happy with it regardless of this whole signal loss issues etc? feel free to give me your review on it.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Re: iphone 4 Questions ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm considering now leaving Sprint and my Android love because I want a simple to use device that works out the box =P! I want to know a few things though for those that have an Iphone 4, does it lag? how good does the skype application work based on skype to skype call since it dails out via 3g now which is good! Lastly... are you happy with it regardless of this whole signal loss issues etc? feel free to give me your review on it.

Does it lag? No. Skype? Never used it myself. Signal loss? I don't really have an issue with that. I do live in an area that has great AT&T coverage. That is the first thing you should check out before making a switch. Ask around where you work and live and see how good the coverage is there for AT&T. Other than that, great phone. I personally made the switch to AT&T from Sprint and other than the cost difference, I have been very happy with AT&T and the iphone 4.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

Signal loss???? In the area I live in we have great coverage and I have not a an problem with the iphone 4. Their is no lag and I use skype all the time and it works great. It looks like your in cali so you need to check coverage their because cali is different depending on what city your in but I travel to LA and Malibu and have good coverage.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Threadstarter

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Thank you foz for the reply! :]

also thank you as well nite! I'm actually not in california anymore, I haven't noticed i had my old state... I moved to a city called Noblesville, in the state in of indiana... if anyone has any feedback on at&t coverage near here feel free to tell me :] near Indianapolis. I look forward to just having a working out the box device lol
Old 08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah it will def. work right out of the box
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah it will def. work right out of the box
thanks! at the moment... looking at at&t coverage map it says the signal all around me is perfect, I'm not sure if to believe it though :P anyone around Noblesville Indiana or so? I've tried looking for coverage sites online.. no luck yet, any one knows any
Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I have an iPhone 4 and so does my roommate. We live in Oklahoma City. We don't have any signal issues with the occasional exception of inside our bedrooms, but only once in a blue moon. Skype works flawlessly over wifi and 3g. if you jailbreak it and get 3gunrestrictor or My3G, you can use Facetime (and other apps that normally cant use cell data) over 3G.

Take my word for it...I owned a lot of WinMo phones before I got an iPhone 3GS. I have also toyed around with many Android phones. I used to sit on this site and constantly craptalk the iPhone. I'm not too proud to admit when I am wrong...and I was wrong. Period. All fanboyism aside, the iPhone is simply the best device out there (in my opinion) and thats why I have it. If Windows Phone 7 is better, I'll get it. But my experience with the iPhone 3GS was SO GOOD (coming from a Touch Pro on Sprint), that I waited outside a Radioshack from 3AM till 9AM to get an iPhone 4 on launch day. The antenna issue is blown way out of proportion. It DOES occur, but not to the point of dropped calls, at least not for me. And I got my free bumper from Apple, and now it doesnt happen at all. (Sidenote - The Bumper is AWESOME...the best case for it, IMHO). I don't have to reboot it several times a day, I dont need to worry about custom roms and the problems that can come with them. It does everything all the other phones...it just makes it easier to do and look better in the process.

I would highly recommend it. I have never, not ONCE, come across anything I was able to do on my WinMo phones that I can't do on a (jailbroken) iPhone.
Its not perfect, but its the closest to it. Apple can make things a pain sometimes...but its worth it. TOTALLY.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Threadstarter

thank you very much for the very amazing review I'm really just looking forward to getting it, so far no best buy, walmart has it in stock :\ a radio shack has a 32gb one but I'm not so sure I'll about needing that haha... might just save myself the time and order it from at&t.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I agree, once you go iphone, especially the iphone 4, you don't come back. It that good of a phone. To be honest, I also hardly use my laptop anymore either since the retina display is so sharp that you can view a whole webpage without even zooming. Just make sure you jailbreak it and get sinful and hackulo, than you'll be good to go.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions