PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Use Facetime video calls over 3G!!

Thanks to Certs for this heads up!

Your iPhone 4 must be jailbroken (see how in the upgrade forums).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Go to Cydia, download Rockapp, and you can install mywi to tether over wifi, and my3g to use FaceTime over 3G (that didn't take long). My life is now complete.
Again, just open Cydia, search for "my3g" and install the package. It will install "Rock" (a third party app store like Cydia) and you can buy it for $3.99. Looks worth it to me, just install it and you can use Facetime over 3G and not just WiFi.

Here's the official description. (taken from here)

Product Description

Facetime over 3G!!!!

My3G: Take back your 3G! My3G makes Apps believe that they are on WiFi instead of 3G. With My3G, you can now watch HiDef YouTube videos, use Skype/Fring/Other VOIP apps over the 3G network!

Features:

- In-App popup request to enable/never ask for My3G to be enabled for that app
- In-App indicator when My3G changes the network from 3G to WiFi
- Ability to select which apps are My3G enabled and not.
- Default Apps - no configuration for the most popular apps!
- SBSettings Toggle! You can temporarily enable My3G for all apps or toggle back using your defined Apps list
- Dynamic enablement - Higher successs rate (near 100%) then 3G Unrestrictor (which does one off solutions for apps). My3G enables 3G indicators more dynamically.

4.1 Updates

=============
- Facetime over 3G!!!

4.0 Updates

=============
- Support for iOS 4.0
- Fix for some apps
- Fix for popup
- 4.0.7 - improved performance
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Use Facetime video calls over 3G!!

FaceTime has been built to run in high bandwidth situations, so there are lots of freezes and disconnects when using this over 3G. Tried it in my can and it was working great until I started moving, then went to crap. Still worth it though, just a heads up
Old 08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Can iP4 users video chat with non-iP4 users via fring or some other 3rd party app?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
FaceTime has been built to run in high bandwidth situations, so there are lots of freezes and disconnects when using this over 3G. Tried it in my can and it was working great until I started moving, then went to crap. Still worth it though, just a heads up
Lol, "in the can." You are one nasty sonna beach

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

LMAO, that was supposed to say CAR. Dammit.

And I'm not sure about fring, I think a video call has to be 2-way but don't quote me on that.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

well keep in mind that this app is brand new too, as they work out the bugs, and maybe find a way to drop the quality of the video when ur bitrate goes down then it should get things working 100%
Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Can iP4 users video chat with non-iP4 users via fring or some other 3rd party app?

You can use fring to call ip4 to ip3gs. I have the 4, my wife the 3gs. The only thing is, on the 3gs it is sending the video from the back camera so only one of you can see the other. I assume it works the same way with other phones. The video was a bit shaky, but the voice was just fine. Fring started with 3g and wifi, then dropped to just wifi. They may be back to both but I am not sure. It's free so give it a go.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Extranormal is a n00b

Doesn't 3G Unrestrictor work with this? Plus, some sources offer it for free..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions