PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BREAKING NEWS!! Jailbreak for iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3G on iOS 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
WARNING: Don't use it on iphone4. It messed up my internet settings. Nothing could fix it even when I reinstalled ios4 back to factory conditions. I even switched the SIM card at the ATT store. Finally, I had to switch out the phone today at the Apple store because nothing would fix my internet. The 3GS new bootrom works fine though.

Just curious, did you take it in and just say it wont work and they took care of it. Just want to know if I ever need to.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

crackers8199 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
doesn't matter what MC model, ALL devices.

I need to see if it allows multi-tasking/wallpapers on a 3G.
if you figure out a way to get that to work, let me know...i haven't seen anything that allows me to enable it.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:

My man Comex came thru again! This will jailbreak the following devices.
The sentence above should say

My girl Cmonex came thru again! He is a she bro....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Just curious, did you take it in and just say it wont work and they took care of it. Just want to know if I ever need to.
I would say that will work...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
The sentence above should say

My girl Cmonex came thru again! He is a she bro....
If Comex had a sex change operation, that would be big news in the iPhone world.

And if cmonex started doing iPhone development and hacking, I would be pretty impressed, she does amazing work on HSPL.

They are 2 different people bro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers8199 View Post
if you figure out a way to get that to work, let me know...i haven't seen anything that allows me to enable it.
jailbreaking your iPhone 3G using redsn0w, you can enable wallpaper changing and multi-tasking. (the iphone version, not backgrounder), but it is laggy and kinda buggy.

Quote:
I'm curious too, Jailbreaking voids your warranty, so I guess you flashed stock IPSW and just said your data wasn't working right?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

crackers8199 is a n00b

i was able to get multitasking and wallpapers working on my ipod touch 3g 8gb (mc model) using this tutorial...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/90...ipod-touch-2g/

battery percentage working now, following these instructions (in combo with the above link):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=731873

notably the part in post #18 - http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...7&postcount=18

nevermind, i'm an idiot. folders work too.

Last edited by crackers8199; 08-02-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: everything works.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
If Comex had a sex change operation, that would be big news in the iPhone world.

And if cmonex started doing iPhone development and hacking, I would be pretty impressed, she does amazing work on HSPL.

They are 2 different people bro.

hahahahahahaha.....game set match.....wth is the chance that the names would be so close....lmao....thx for correcting me correcting you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
hahahahahahaha.....game set match.....wth is the chance that the names would be so close....lmao....thx for correcting me correcting you
no worries, if anyone correcting me needs correcting, I'm always glad to help out
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I first called ATT tech support, they did some ota provisioning, than they had me switch out the sim at the store. That didn't help, so I called back and spoke to Apple support. They gave me an appointment, went in to the Apple store and a guy swapped it out after he ran some diagnostics.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/ HTC EVO 4G

Synn93 is a n00b

Jus did it worked like a charm...Thanxx!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions