PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
New 3rd party App Installer does not require jailbreak!

This looks pretty awesome.

http://techdirt.com/blog/wireless/ar...83610420.shtml

I'm gonna try it out and see how bad ass it is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: New 3rd party App Installer does not require jailbreak!

yes, safari is webkit, and webkit is webOS, and webOS is qtwebkit, and qtwebkit is the future of Nokia. You now know the plan
Old 08-01-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
This looks pretty awesome.

http://techdirt.com/blog/wireless/ar...83610420.shtml

I'm gonna try it out and see how bad ass it is.

Reading that, it says that jailbreaking is now legal. Is that really true? And as of when? I could not find a date for the article. I may have just missed it.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Reading that, it says that jailbreaking is now legal. Is that really true? And as of when? I could not find a date for the article. I may have just missed it.
As of 7-26-10, the US Copyright Office approved new exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which included jailbreaking the iPhone. Check out the link below for more information.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/26/tech...king/index.htm

Best to all,
R
Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
As of 7-26-10, the US Copyright Office approved new exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which included jailbreaking the iPhone. Check out the link below for more information.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/26/tech...king/index.htm

Best to all,
R

If I am reading that correctly, you can legally jailbreak, but it looks as if Apple still has the right to void the warrenty. Is that the way you guys are reading it?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
If I am reading that correctly, you can legally jailbreak, but it looks as if Apple still has the right to void the warrenty. Is that the way you guys are reading it?
Jailbreaking was never illegal, this was just a confirmation of something we already knew.

Yes your warranty is voided if you bring in a jailbroken phone, but to "unjailbreak it" you just need to restore it, which takes like 10 minutes, and it's as if it was never jailbroken.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Jailbreaking was never illegal, this was just a confirmation of something we already knew.

Yes your warranty is voided if you bring in a jailbroken phone, but to "unjailbreak it" you just need to restore it, which takes like 10 minutes, and it's as if it was never jailbroken.

I was just making sure I was understanding it all. This should also mean that Apple has no right to cancel iTunes accounts on jailbroken phones like they have done to some people. So, I might have missed it but, are we still waiting for the ios 4 jailbreak?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
I was just making sure I was understanding it all. This should also mean that Apple has no right to cancel iTunes accounts on jailbroken phones like they have done to some people. So, I might have missed it but, are we still waiting for the ios 4 jailbreak?
just released bro, check out my thread in this forum!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions