PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks

In the apple conference, they mentioned iphone4 sold 3,000,000 in just 3 weeks. The EVO through unconfirmed reports (since Sprint won't release the info) estimate it to have only sold 300,000 over the 2 months its been out.

No wonder Palm almost went bankrupt and got bought out by HP, the majority of people just don't like Sprint.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks, whips EVO

more fanboys, not a shock to see this. least the evo works for calls though.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yea. i saw em in line. the were all like bahhhh, bbaahhhh.
sheep.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
sheep.
im not bashing it but i played with on and dont really get it. its nice and its fast but just wasnt me, just like my evo.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
sheep.
I got no shame, bahhhhh all you want.

All I know is I have better reception,faster internet, better battery life, much better apps than I had with both my HTC's TP1 and TP2 on Sprint. Also, I actually get to receive calls unlike with Sprint I would only get voicemails since the phone never ringed because of bad signal everywhere I go.

You Android and WinMo sheeple are just as bad as the iphone fanboys. bahhh bahh to all of you too.

Last edited by NIKKG; 07-16-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
more fanboys, not a shock to see this. least the evo works for calls though.
EVO works for calls? Its on Sprint, it'll only work on calls when you force roam it on Verizon. Nuff said
Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I got no shame, bahhhhh all you want.

All I know is I have better reception,faster internet, better battery life, much better apps than I had with both my HTC's TP1 and TP2 on Sprint. Also, I actually get to receive calls unlike with Sprint I would only voicemails since the phone never ringed because of bad signal.

You Android and WinMo sheeple are just as bad as the iphone fanboys. bahhh bahh to all of you too.
its all good. where i live, att get terrible service. my dad cant get higher than 500k on a speedtest on his 3gs in kc whereas on sprint, im getting 1-1.5 mbs on my tp2. i admit the apps are better on the iphone too. ill give yuo that, but because you get bad service and htc makes shittier hardware, all the sudden sprint sucks balls and no wonder palm is out of buisness! wtf! palm makes a stand up device. i know several people that had treos and centros, who moved on to pres, and have no problems at all. pre people arent nearly as snobby as iphone paople either there, so they got you beat on that. also, you know that the pre is on verizon and att too right?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Is that 3 million number USA only or world wide?

And with AT&T doing the 6 month thing, its not a surprise...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

no matter what, we all know the iPhone 4 is more in demand than the Evo. That's a fact! It's also been shown that what "most people want" sometimes turns out to be pretty bad. But the bottom line is that it IS a powerful device with awesome specs. You either like the OS/Carrier or you don't.

I know myself and D-Wilz are waitin it out for some WP7, and in the mean-time I'm gonna rock a Vibrant and maybe a 3GS for a little while.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Once iphone opens up to the other carriers, your going to see a decline in Android sales unless they become less geeky to appeal to the general population. Even at my job, the only reason my co-workers have Droids is because they couldn't get the iphone on Verizon since our company only pays for Verizon service. Seriously, the whole reason Android even got big is because people didn't have a choice and the only smartphone options were either old crappy WinMo or a substitute like Android.

I think Apple now realizes that and why we might see iphones on Verizon. Once that happens, the iphone will kill off Android sales.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions