PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is why they diss iphone

Direct quote from Jobs:

"It's human nature to want to find a successful organization and bring them down, Jobs said. "I see it happening with Google, people trying to tear them down. And I don't understand it... what would you prefer? That we were a Korean company, that we were here in America leading the world with these products... maybe it's just that people want to get eyeballs on their sites."

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...things_up.html
Old 07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: This is why they diss iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Direct quote from Jobs:

"It's human nature to want to find a successful organization and bring them down, Jobs said. "I see it happening with Google, people trying to tear them down. And I don't understand it... what would you prefer? That we were a Korean company, that we were here in America leading the world with these products... maybe it's just that people want to get eyeballs on their sites."

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...things_up.html
Yes..Steve Jobs will know all about trying tear down Google...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes..Steve Jobs will know all about trying tear down Google...
Well, I'd rather support an American company than HTC, Samsung, LG and the rest of the Asian clan thats not headquartered here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Well, I'd rather support an American company than HTC, Samsung, LG and the rest of the Asian clan thats not headquartered here.
at this point it makes no difference where your stationed...people call it "American Companies" but most of the work they do is outsourced anyways...

As for hiring US workers I'm sure Samsung and LG have as many here in the US as Apple does...

They are all evil..and trying to figure out which is less evil is a silly game..
Old 07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

nobody in the last 3 threads we have all been entertaining this afternoon have dissed the iphone. i thought we were having a nice shit talking free afternoon in the iphone forum i guess i was wrong.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
nobody in the last 3 threads we have all been entertaining this afternoon have dissed the iphone. i thought we were having a nice shit talking free afternoon in the iphone forum i guess i was wrong.
I didn't imply it for us, its just so many tech sites that even mention the iphone, you get the fanboys coming out doing Iphone vs Android threads, its getting annoying. You can't even read comments anymore without idiots taking snipes at one another.

It really gets old after a while.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
I think he just means the general attitude of some Evo users and such who want to feel important by dissing the iPhone. Both of you guys haven't been blindly saying "it sucks" but giving some pretty good criticism, although I think you'd be less harsh if you actually owned one for a week or two.

And gTen, you know I'm all about that Vibrant now anyways
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
at this point it makes no difference where your stationed...people call it "American Companies" but most of the work they do is outsourced anyways...

As for hiring US workers I'm sure Samsung and LG have as many here in the US as Apple does...

They are all evil..and trying to figure out which is less evil is a silly game..
Actually this stuff does matter. Why do you think this country is messed up. We outsourced everything we had. Even though the manufacturing might be outsourced, the company headquarted here still has alot of office people, engineers, accountants etc here. Go see how many Americans LG, Samsung, and HTC employs compared to Apple, M$ and Google who are headquartered here.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I didn't imply it for us, its just so many tech sites that even mention the iphone, you get the fanboys coming out doing Iphone vs Android threads, its getting annoying. You can't even read comments anymore without idiots taking snipes at one another.

It really gets old after a while.
Thats cause they are fanboys..if anything most people on this site don't care one way or the other about the iphone and rather don't like Apple's "closed standards"..just like I'm not to happy in the direction Motorola is going with Android..

To me the most agitating thing was the fact that the hardware on the iphone is better then the presumably "pocket computers" aka WM and Android...then I feel embarrassed when someone from the Android/WM calls out to say how their hardware is better then the iphone(showing ignorance).....its sad how junky hardware specs these "Super phones" have...

This is one reason I like the Galaxy S..FINALLY a device that matches and/or surpasses the iPhone's hardware on a pocket pc operating system..

Last edited by gTen; 07-16-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I think he just means the general attitude of some Evo users and such who want to feel important by dissing the iPhone. Both of you guys haven't been blindly saying "it sucks" but giving some pretty good criticism, although I think you'd be less harsh if you actually owned one for a week or two.

And gTen, you know I'm all about that Vibrant now anyways
i use my dads 3gs every time im at his office. ive played with them. ive felt em, touched em, tasted em. ive got an ipod touch for both of my kids. im not saying anything shitty about apple or iphone. if you really want to see whos talking crap, look at who started the "hahah iphone4 sold more than evo" thread about an hour ago. in my thread in this iphone forum, i even said they make a good product with a good mp3 player and good video software with a good app store. what part of that is crap talking or saying it sucks?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions