PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is why they diss iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i use my dads 3gs every time im at his office. ive played with them. ive felt em, touched em, tasted em. ive got an ipod touch for both of my kids. im not saying anything shitty about apple or iphone. if you really want to see whos talking crap, look at who started the "hahah iphone4 sold more than evo" thread about an hour ago. in my thread in this iphone forum, i even said they make a good product with a good mp3 player and good video software with a good app store. what part of that is crap talking or saying it sucks?
I started that thread of the 3,000,000 to show that with all the trash being talked about it, it still sold 10 times as much as EVO did in only 3 weeks. The fandroids made the EVO to be the best thing the planet has ever seen and it should be selling millions by now.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i use my dads 3gs every time im at his office. ive played with them. ive felt em, touched em, tasted em. ive got an ipod touch for both of my kids. im not saying anything shitty about apple or iphone. if you really want to see whos talking crap, look at who started the "hahah iphone4 sold more than evo" thread about an hour ago. in my thread in this iphone forum, i even said they make a good product with a good mp3 player and good video software with a good app store. what part of that is crap talking or saying it sucks?
yeah like I said, it's more of the general "iphone sucks and I've got an Evo muwhahahaha" attitude.

not directly towards you.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Actually this stuff does matter. Why do you think this country is messed up. We outsourced everything we had. Even though the manufacturing might be outsourced, the company headquarted here still has alot of office people, engineers, accountants etc here. Go see how many Americans LG, Samsung, and HTC employs compared to Apple, M$ and Google who are headquartered here.
Well actually Samsung employees more ppl in the USA then Apple..but mostly cause they do more then just cellphones...

I'd rather not turn this into an economical discussion as it will be a lot of typing...in the end I assure you its no different...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

did you know its true that 10 workers in taiwan killed themselves while chained to their iphone slave tables where they assemble them as an act of rebellion rather than be forced to work long hours chained to a table and have to sleep under said table while other workers are slaving on the other shift?
edit:sorry for the long sentence and this is not directed in a mean way at apple or iphones!
http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/64063,...uicide-factory
Foxconn is not a sweatshop. It's a factory -- but my gosh, they have restaurants and movie theaters... but it's a factory. But they've had some suicides and attempted suicides -- and they have 400,000 people there. The rate is under what the US rate is, but it's still troubling. We had this in my hometown of Palo Alto, copy cat suicides. We're over there trying to understand this. It's a difficult situation.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well actually Samsung employees more ppl in the USA then Apple..but mostly cause they do more then just cellphones...

I'd rather not turn this into an economical discussion as it will be a lot of typing...in the end I assure you its no different...
yea let's not get into all that stuff,

and also it's fair to point out that Samsung makes the iPhone A4 cpu, that's why the Galaxy S and the iPhone 4 are similar cpu/gpu-wise. although I have to admit I'll take a super amoled WVGA over a dimmer, less saturated Retina.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

But see NIKKG, it is not only the iphone..when I first posted about the Galaxy S phone..you can see how many ppl responded saying "its no good because it wont have community support"....if you think about it, that would make it similar to Apple where the assumption is if it is not made by HTC the community will just "abandon it"...

The community serves to better what is widely available regardless of brand..to stick to HTC only is a joke...as a community we should take on anything that is worth working on...that is my general consensus...

If anything we let HTC get away with the poor hardware...so it is partly our fault as a community..
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gten View Post
but see nikkg, it is not only the iphone..when i first posted about the galaxy s phone..you can see how many ppl responded saying "its no good because it wont have community support"....if you think about it, that would make it similar to apple where the assumption is if it is not made by htc the community will just "abandon it"...

The community serves to better what is widely available regardless of brand..to stick to htc only is a joke...as a community we should take on anything that is worth working on...that is my general consensus...

If anything we let htc get away with the poor hardware...so it is partly our fault as a community..
+1 .
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
But see NIKKG, it is not only the iphone..when I first posted about the Galaxy S phone..you can see how many ppl responded saying "its no good because it wont have community support"....if you think about it, that would make it similar to Apple where the assumption is if it is not made by HTC the community will just "abandon it"...

The community serves to better what is widely available regardless of brand..to stick to HTC only is a joke...as a community we should take on anything that is worth working on...that is my general consensus...

If anything we let HTC get away with the poor hardware...so it is partly our fault as a community..
I've been trying to diversify this place and why I've been posting in the iphone forum. This place needs to diversify. If I only care about HTC, I'd go to xda-developers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:35 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Well, I'd rather support an American company than HTC, Samsung, LG and the rest of the Asian clan thats not headquartered here.
HTC American Headquaters
http://www.htc.com/us/about/contact-us

Samsung American Headquaters
http://www.samsungamerica.com/graphics/105dir.asp

LG American Headquaters
http://www.foxconn.com/ContactUs.html
Funny, the company that makes the iPhone is only headquatered in Taiwan, well at least I couldn't find one using Google

I also tried searching for how many Americans each company employs, I was unable to find results though. Everything we buy in one way or another, comes from somewhere other than the US... most components are manufactured overseas by companies that are most likely unionless, the company controls the employees not the employees controlling the company... shoot even Nike is made overseas...
Sure this article is from Wikipedia so take it for what it's worth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike,_Inc.#Manufacturing

Edit:
Correction there are many companies that supply components for the iPhone, it is reported that final assembly is by a Taiwan company named Quanta

Last edited by elephant007; 07-17-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You'd be surprised to know how many so called American companies build and assemble out side of the country. My dad bought a Mercury Villager back in the day because it was a Ford product. He was a little pissed when he found out most of the parts came from either Canada or Mexico. Today, there's even Toyotas that are mostly built and assembled in the US. Buy American is really starting to lose it's meaning. Living in Michigan, a lot of people argue that the car may be built here, but the profits go overseas. Does anyone really think all the profits made by the US automakers stays here?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions