PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128873)

NIKKG 07-16-2010 02:04 PM

3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks

In the apple conference, they mentioned iphone4 sold 3,000,000 in just 3 weeks. The EVO through unconfirmed reports (since Sprint won't release the info) estimate it to have only sold 300,000 over the 2 months its been out.

No wonder Palm almost went bankrupt and got bought out by HP, the majority of people just don't like Sprint.

darren.wlsn1 07-16-2010 02:13 PM

Re: 3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks, whips EVO

more fanboys, not a shock to see this. least the evo works for calls though.

austin420 07-16-2010 02:15 PM

yea. i saw em in line. the were all like bahhhh, bbaahhhh.
sheep.:angry7:

darren.wlsn1 07-16-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1868932)

im not bashing it but i played with on and dont really get it. its nice and its fast but just wasnt me, just like my evo.

NIKKG 07-16-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1868932)

I got no shame, bahhhhh all you want.

All I know is I have better reception,faster internet, better battery life, much better apps than I had with both my HTC's TP1 and TP2 on Sprint. Also, I actually get to receive calls unlike with Sprint I would only get voicemails since the phone never ringed because of bad signal everywhere I go.

You Android and WinMo sheeple are just as bad as the iphone fanboys. bahhh bahh to all of you too.

NIKKG 07-16-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1868927)
more fanboys, not a shock to see this. least the evo works for calls though.

EVO works for calls? Its on Sprint, it'll only work on calls when you force roam it on Verizon. Nuff said

austin420 07-16-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1868945)
I got no shame, bahhhhh all you want.

All I know is I have better reception,faster internet, better battery life, much better apps than I had with both my HTC's TP1 and TP2 on Sprint. Also, I actually get to receive calls unlike with Sprint I would only voicemails since the phone never ringed because of bad signal.

You Android and WinMo sheeple are just as bad as the iphone fanboys. bahhh bahh to all of you too.

its all good. where i live, att get terrible service. my dad cant get higher than 500k on a speedtest on his 3gs in kc whereas on sprint, im getting 1-1.5 mbs on my tp2. i admit the apps are better on the iphone too. ill give yuo that, but because you get bad service and htc makes shittier hardware, all the sudden sprint sucks balls and no wonder palm is out of buisness! wtf! palm makes a stand up device. i know several people that had treos and centros, who moved on to pres, and have no problems at all. pre people arent nearly as snobby as iphone paople either there, so they got you beat on that. also, you know that the pre is on verizon and att too right?

gTen 07-16-2010 02:44 PM

Is that 3 million number USA only or world wide?

And with AT&T doing the 6 month thing, its not a surprise...

orangekid 07-16-2010 02:49 PM

no matter what, we all know the iPhone 4 is more in demand than the Evo. That's a fact! It's also been shown that what "most people want" sometimes turns out to be pretty bad. But the bottom line is that it IS a powerful device with awesome specs. You either like the OS/Carrier or you don't.

I know myself and D-Wilz are waitin it out for some WP7, and in the mean-time I'm gonna rock a Vibrant and maybe a 3GS for a little while.

NIKKG 07-16-2010 03:03 PM

Once iphone opens up to the other carriers, your going to see a decline in Android sales unless they become less geeky to appeal to the general population. Even at my job, the only reason my co-workers have Droids is because they couldn't get the iphone on Verizon since our company only pays for Verizon service. Seriously, the whole reason Android even got big is because people didn't have a choice and the only smartphone options were either old crappy WinMo or a substitute like Android.

I think Apple now realizes that and why we might see iphones on Verizon. Once that happens, the iphone will kill off Android sales.