PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3 million iphone4 sold in 3 weeks, whips EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Once iphone opens up to the other carriers, your going to see a decline in Android sales unless they become less geeky to appeal to the general population. Even at my job, the only reason my co-workers have Droids is because they couldn't get the iphone on Verizon since our company only pays for Verizon service. Seriously, the whole reason Android even got big is because people didn't have a choice and the only smartphone options were either old crappy WinMo or a substitute like Android.

I think Apple now realizes that and why we might see iphones on Verizon. Once that happens, the iphone will kill off Android sales.
ya. dumbphones have always sold 10 to 1 against smartphones!lol!
j.k. nikk

Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Once iphone opens up to the other carriers, your going to see a decline in Android sales unless they become less geeky to appeal to the general population. Even at my job, the only reason my co-workers have Droids is because they couldn't get the iphone on Verizon since our company only pays for Verizon service. Seriously, the whole reason Android even got big is because people didn't have a choice and the only smartphone options were either old crappy WinMo or a substitute like Android.

I think Apple now realizes that and why we might see iphones on Verizon. Once that happens, the iphone will kill off Android sales.
I disagree that it would kill Android sales..you have to remember that there is a huge market and it is growing every year...there are other things like RIM and dumbphones and etc...

Also iPhone has only 1 form factor which not everyone may particularly like...in the end of the day there are many factors...will the iphone increase in sales? probably yes..will it kill android? no..will android grow? yes

In reality I see in the future the iphone come closer in openess little by little if it plans to actually survive in the coming years against android..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I disagree that it would kill Android sales..you have to remember that there is a huge market and it is growing every year...there are other things like RIM and dumbphones and etc...

Also iPhone has only 1 form factor which not everyone may particularly like...in the end of the day there are many factors...will the iphone increase in sales? probably yes..will it kill android? no..will android grow? yes

In reality I see in the future the iphone come closer in openess little by little if it plans to actually survive in the coming years against android..
Actually, the form factor is the biggest selling point because you have so many accessories that work on the same ipod doc. You can have stereos, receivers, alarm clocks, car adapters, etc and connect it on the same iphone dock. Thats one of the main reasons I didn't get the EVO and the crappy Sprint service was the other.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://www.apple.com/antenna/

Check this webpage, it talks about the antenna and also the other phones that have the same problem:
Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Actually, the form factor is the biggest selling point because you have so many accessories that work on the same ipod doc. You can have stereos, receivers, alarm clocks, car adapters, etc and connect it on the same iphone dock. Thats one of the main reasons I didn't get the EVO and the crappy Sprint service was the other.
Not really...it may have been a selling factor before..but you gotta realize 2 things....

1) no matter how many supported items it can connect to, micro usb will always beat the iphone adapter as a standard..more devices support USB then anything...by using USB you can connect to any standard device as long as a driver is programmed in android...

2) We are in 2010...we should expect the use of DLNA and other similar technologies to wirelessly work together..not limited by form factor or etc..and I can see DLNA as the future standard as all the brands are in on it...

You also have to realize form factor is important..for my job I CANT GO WITHOUT A KEYBOARD on my phone...it is 100% essential...do I sue the keyboard much on my TP2? not really..but when it is used it is irreplaceable!

Last thing you gotta consider is android is released by more then 1 company...1 phone cannot beat 100 manufacturers using it for their core...

as for service..don't get me started on AT&T service in NY lol
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
http://www.apple.com/antenna/

Check this webpage, it talks about the antenna and also the other phones that have the same problem:
typical apple answer that doesnt address the real issue. if all phones everywhere do this, and the problem isnt that the antenna is exposed on the outside of the phone, why does a rubber bumper that covers the exposed antenna fix the problem 99%? do you get all your answers directly from apple?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
typical apple answer that doesnt address the real issue. if all phones everywhere do this, and the problem isnt that the antenna is exposed on the outside of the phone, why does a rubber bumper that covers the exposed antenna fix the problem 99%? do you get all your answers directly from apple?
Do you have an iphone4? If not, how do you know it sucks? I don't have a case on mines yet and I'm having better reception ever or else I would've returned it.

Do I go on the TP2 forum to cuss it out? Go look at my old posts on the TP2, I had it for a while and sucked bigtime compared to what I have now. Even Silence quit and switched to iphone because it was so much better.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Do you have an iphone4? If not, how do you know it sucks? I don't have a case on mines yet and I'm having better reception ever or else I would've returned it.

Do I go on the TP2 forum to cuss it out? Go look at my old posts on the TP2, I had it for a while and sucked bigtime compared to what I have now. Even Silence quit and switched to iphone because it was so much better.
nobody including me has said the iphone sucks yet in this thread. calm down nikk. you act like im talking about tou personally or something. sheesh.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
no other devices get as much scrutiny and pub as the iPhone does, and it IS on IMO the worst network, which exacerbates it. You seem to have more of a problem with Apple regarding something we can't fathom than actually taking an objective look at the iPhone 4.

Admittedly this IS an issue. But you have to keep in mind that in these forums especially you don't get typical iFan d-bags, but educated smartphone users who can make their iPhones do damn near anything a WM or Android device can do. You think I'm an Apple lover too? Well I like the iPhone a lot, it's a bad-ass device. Does that make me less intelligent that other people?

What about the fact that I cook and flash WM roms? Or that I know a lot about Android and am starting to build a kitchen to cook for it?

I just don't get all the derisiveness towards people who like iPhones.

edit: this isn't specifically aimed at you Austin or gTen, but the general "iPhone sucks mushahwhahahahahaahahwhahaha" threads and such. You guys at least raise interesting points (although you do seem to have a disgruntlement with Apple)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:53 PM

nikkg, you shouldnt feel the need to whip out your resume every time your feelings are hurt.
orangekid, you should act more like a mod by not calling out people in public threads. by saying this is not directed at austin or gten, thats even more like directing it at me, imo.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions