PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Consumer Reports: iPhone 4 = Design Flaw

We have all known the iPhone 4 had a design flaw. But now a more widely accepted, mainstream source has acknowledged it too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/te...pple.html?_r=1

Personally, I cant wait to throw this in the face of apple fanbois! How Apple managed to repeat antenna/reception issues and make them even worse I have no idea. I wonder if anyone will be (or has been) fired over this.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Consumer Reports: iPhone 4 = Design Flaw

yea but with respect this is going to end up being another flaming thread lol, we all know of its design flaws, but this is gonna start another rant/fanboy thing again

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do get a kick out of this.

But, for me the TP2 also has a design issue in that I have to be careful how I hold it. I'm right handed, and my little finger just loves to cover the microphone hole.

I'm not equating the 2.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Consumer Reports: iPhone 4 still the best smartphone you can get.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...on-the-market/

Also, moved to iPhone forums

Last edited by orangekid; 07-13-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have not had any issues with my phone. I am enjoying the switch i made and would not discouraging anyone here from choosing whatever phone works for them. Personal preference and it is a shame that there has to be any flaming.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

People who flame are insecure individuals.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

It actually gets better...

CNET is reporting that the company's forum moderators are deleting any mention of Consumer Reports' findings that the antenna issue is an inherent design flaw, and not just a software issue.

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/apple...m-threads.html

It's like Christmas all over again.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

I think I was reading some engadget user comments and some of them are hilarious. Apple fanboys chime in to say they don't have any reception issues, and that they have a case on their phone. Just totally ignorant on the issue and to come to apples rescue. Yes, its already been said that with a case it does fix the issue. They are idiots and I love this news! LOL
Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
It actually gets better...

CNET is reporting that the company's forum moderators are deleting any mention of Consumer Reports' findings that the antenna issue is an inherent design flaw, and not just a software issue.

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/apple...m-threads.html

It's like Christmas all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I think I was reading some engadget user comments and some of them are hilarious. Apple fanboys chime in to say they don't have any reception issues, and that they have a case on their phone. Just totally ignorant on the issue and to come to apples rescue. Yes, its already been said that with a case it does fix the issue. They are idiots and I love this news! LOL
I agree that this is a problem, but why are you so happy that people's phones are failing @ reception?
Old 07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor
nice to know not everyone is an iphone fan boy

http://techland.com/2010/07/12/consu...-the-iphone-4/
cheers!!

YEAH! That guy! U know. HIM!

Closed Thread