PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Consumer Reports: iPhone 4 = Design Flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I'm not happy about people's reception issues. I'm just happy that people rather than just the informed tech crowd are finally seeing Apple's true colors. Like the general consensus of the tech articles point out, its not the actual reception issue that is apples biggest problems, its how hey have handled it. First to say there is no issue, then to say oh you're holding it wrong. All cellphones have the same problem. oh wait, its a software glitch we are going to fix. Consumer reports don't like our iphone 4, delete all threads referring to Consumer reports. Its a problem they thought they could use their apple mind control on their fans to sweep under the rug and its has gotten worse.

What's even funnier to me is with the previous iphones it was a blame game of the dropped call issues between apple and ATT. With they Iphone 4 they decided to use their new antenna designs as a selling point for the phone. What does that say about the previous Iphones? It was something to be desired? And when is the last time you heard a phone advertising its antenna design? To think one of their advertised features is the one that has the biggest fault is just ironic and hilarious to me.
i dunno, sounds like hatorade to me.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

kris510 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: nice to know not everyone is an iphone fan boy

Whats an iphone?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

threads merged.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

I think people flame because the new iphone got a 9/10, opposed to the droid x which got an 7/10. Not to mention that reviewers at sites look at the new iphone features and then criticize other phones for not having them. Since those att commericials about talking and surfing web at same time, you'll find phones like the droid get marked down for not having that "feature". Same thing with pixel density too, the 3gs having shitty density never got ripped on, but the Droid x having slightly below that pixel density of the new iphone gets ragged on.

I got the whole you just need a case thing, but frankly the new phone is beautiful looking, why put a case on something that looks cool. Second, I don't use cases, haven't with my touch, touch pro, hero, or droid, I don't like them.

Apple should fix the issue, instead of saying its software problem. I still think its ****ing christmas when steve jobs talks about how innovative the new antenna is, he really did. Wish I could find the qoute, something like "noone ever thought about this before, its magic".....I could have told him putting an antenna where people grip was a bad choice.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well said, sorge. There exist a large amount of bias in the smart phone world. Like the consumer reports article said: "Apple, a company which in many people's eyes can do no wrong..."

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What is the flaw of the jitterbug?

---------------------------------------

But as I said before I used HTC phones and never had a problem...people experience varies from person to person...
I have no idea what that is.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
What's funny to me is that the majority of us in this forum are well informed about all kinds of phones so we are not the regular fanboys you keep referring to. We love technology and making it better on all of of our devices regardless of what they are b
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Oh really? Sounds like most everything I have said is fact. If your going to respond at least have more basis than your single one line response.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
What's funny to me is that the majority of us in this forum are well informed about all kinds of phones so we are not the regular fanboys you keep referring to. We love technology and making it better on all of of our devices regardless of what they are b
And most people here have used blackberry, winmo, palm, and/or android, as well as at least have played with an iPhone. the iphone has just become more haterable the more things go on like this.

3GS comes out: Multitasking is bad, steve jobs even had charts showing how bad it is.

4 comes out: Multitasking the way we do it is right, also you can change your background.

IDK how many people blamed ATT for the original iphone not being able to do MMS. It took 2 more years for the innovation of 3gs MMS. At the same time iphone 1 couldn't do it, flip phones could, even flips on ATTs network, I'm pretty sure a few phones even had video share available(over 3g).

I think the geeker people want to see something truly innovative out of apple, not just "oh this platform has had that for 8 years"

People on this forum know what other phones can do, so we expect apple to truly innovate if they are charging a premium for thier product.

In less then 2 years, Android has gone from the G1(could laugh here, was very first gen), to Droid/Hero, to EVO/X/Droid2. Pretty damn big gap. In the same last two years, Apple has only added stuff that should have been there since 3G. lolwallpaper
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

let's face it, we all are victims of inferior products. Whether it be the iPhone or any other device. People who choose to use the iPhone do so like any other person who chooses to use any other device, we have them because we want to have them. If you feel comfortable with your phone, flaws and all, it's what you choose to have for a mobile device. Sure there are some phones that are better than other phones and some have fewer flaws than other, then again some have more flaws than others.
iPhone is in a class of its own IMO. I dare to say that the iPhone does tend to have more loyal followers than other phones. Sure we have lots of HTC users, the only difference I see is that HTC makes more than one model of phone while Apple only makes one, the iPhone. Yes the iPhone has different versions/generations, it's still only branded as an iPhone.
I choose not to use an iPhone for two reason and two reasons only
1. I'd rather not own any Apple products
2. Sprint doesn't have the iPhone

More so number 1 than 2 because even if the iPhone ever made it to Sprint, I still wouldn't use one.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that people choose to use the phone they want because that is the phone they selected out of all the phones in the market. We all have our reasons for using the phone we choose to purchase and generally stick by the phone because we chose that particular phone

With all that said, I think we as consumers generally settle for inferior products all the time, we just hope we choose the product that is less inferior to the other product we didn't choose.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions