PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Saving Pictures and other files on iphone to computer ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127665)

sdruid 07-04-2010 09:36 PM

Saving Pictures and other files on iphone to computer ?

Is there a way to copy or backup all the pictures and other files I have on my iphone to my computer with itunes software or any other software.
I have a 3GS 32gig 4.0 .......?

fozmsu 07-05-2010 05:39 PM

Re: Saving Pictures and other files on iphone to computer ?

If your computer is windows, it should open a box when you connect that asks what you want to do and one of them should be transfer pictures from camera. This is not through iTunes. As far as other files, I'm not sure about that one since I am still new to iPhones myself. I will check it out and let you know if I find out anything. Knowing what kind of files would help my search.

sdruid 07-05-2010 06:15 PM

That's Great !!!!
I got one set of pictures copied from the "Camera Roll".
Now how about the pictures from the "Photo Library"....those don't
show up at all - any way to copy those as well ??

Thanks....

austin420 07-05-2010 08:34 PM

all your threads have a sad face. that makes me sad too. sorry, i cant help. im too depressed now.

sdruid 07-05-2010 09:25 PM

Sorry, but I'm sad when I can't figure things out......

orangekid 07-06-2010 08:30 AM

you should be able to do it thru iTunes. Open it up and go to your phone, then go to pictures, and see if you can view them, also, since you're on 4.0, make sure you're running iTunes 9.2.

Once viewing your pics you should be able to sync with your computer and download them, if it says it's not currently synced then don't do it cuz could erase your files,

depending on how many you have, emailing the pics to yourself could be a better option for now, once you jailbreak it's easy as hell.

sdruid 07-06-2010 09:32 PM

I went to itunes and couldn't see my pictures....and the box to sync them was not checked and it gave an error message that it would delete the pictures on my phone if I continued....or checked the box....
I found my original pictures on my Windows Mobile phone memory card so I'm fine and will sync them later...

orangekid 07-07-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdruid (Post 1854069)
I went to itunes and couldn't see my pictures....and the box to sync them was not checked and it gave an error message that it would delete the pictures on my phone if I continued....or checked the box....
I found my original pictures on my Windows Mobile phone memory card so I'm fine and will sync them later...

yeah I HATE iTunes for that reason, after you Jailbreak it you can just go in there direct and not mess with that crap,

it said that because you had it previously synced with a different system