PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iPhone 4 Camera travel pics

Here are some untouched pics I took in Chicago using the iphone 4. The Camera was good enough for me to mostly replace my Canon SD1200 10 MP point and shoot on most occasions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0199.jpg (647.6 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0202.jpg (658.5 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0234.jpg (560.0 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0269.jpg (573.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0302.jpg (522.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: iPhone 4 Camera travel pics

Wow man! nice pix bro. those are great shots, especially the second one with the blue sky and the awesome shapes. You need to it into this thread.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Sprint

photojenius27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27

Those are awesome pictures! I been wanting to see how good the iphone4 took of pictures and that's pretty amazing! Even in the best possible light my touch pro 2 does not compare, maybe on screen size of the phone, but when you upload it to the computer you can see the difference and resolution is not always the best at full size.

Not saying Touch Pro 2 does not take decent pictures, for the megapixels it is, it's not bad, but I love taking pictures, and I love practicing photography with all types of cameras, more of a learning curve and to help me get better at it, but you can't beat that from coming from a phone unedited.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojenius27 View Post
Those are awesome pictures! I been wanting to see how good the iphone4 took of pictures and that's pretty amazing! Even in the best possible light my touch pro 2 does not compare, maybe on screen size of the phone, but when you upload it to the computer you can see the difference and resolution is not always the best at full size.

Not saying Touch Pro 2 does not take decent pictures, for the megapixels it is, it's not bad, but I love taking pictures, and I love practicing photography with all types of cameras, more of a learning curve and to help me get better at it, but you can't beat that from coming from a phone unedited.
I had the Touch Pro 2 and 1. The difference of those two vs. the iphone 4 is that not only are the iphone4's pics clearer and higher quality, but it takes the picture instantly like a real camera. The TP2 always had a delay when taking pictures and my pics would look jerky because it took so long to snap it.

Also the flash on the iphone 4 is actually very good, it almost rivals a real camera when taking night pictures of close objects. For simple point and shoot picture taking, you no longer need a dedicated camera.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Some more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0210.jpg (695.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0223.jpg (544.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.jpg (429.0 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0268.jpg (657.6 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0290.jpg (512.9 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I had the Touch Pro 2 and 1. The difference of those two vs. the iphone 4 is that not only are the iphone4's pics clearer and higher quality, but it takes the picture instantly like a real camera. The TP2 always had a delay when taking pictures and my pics would look jerky because it took so long to snap it.

Also the flash on the iphone 4 is actually very good, it almost rivals a real camera when taking night pictures of close objects. For simple point and shoot picture taking, you no longer need a dedicated camera.

That's really good to know. If Verizon comes out with the Iphone I will know what to look for, unforunately for around here the at&t signal is not very good so wouldn't really get to enjoy the phone very much if I got it now. I been debating which phone and company I want to get when my contract ends. My brother used to have the iphone 3g and I loved it, I could use the Rom that's already on there without having the big issues like I do with my Touch Pro 2 and having to learn about all these custom roms and how to use them, which they are good from the ones I tried, but I don't really have the time to learn them and would prefer to use stock and take advantage of the actual features it has that'll be useful for me, and a really nice camera is a major plus.

Back on topic though this is helping me make further decisions for an Iphone eventually so thank you for that info, it helps having someone's point of view who has had the same phone I do, compared to just someone trying to say ones better then the other without any experience with the phone.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojenius27 View Post
That's really good to know. If Verizon comes out with the Iphone I will know what to look for, unforunately for around here the at&t signal is not very good so wouldn't really get to enjoy the phone very much if I got it now. I been debating which phone and company I want to get when my contract ends. My brother used to have the iphone 3g and I loved it, I could use the Rom that's already on there without having the big issues like I do with my Touch Pro 2 and having to learn about all these custom roms and how to use them, which they are good from the ones I tried, but I don't really have the time to learn them and would prefer to use stock and take advantage of the actual features it has that'll be useful for me, and a really nice camera is a major plus.

Back on topic though this is helping me make further decisions for an Iphone eventually so thank you for that info, it helps having someone's point of view who has had the same phone I do, compared to just someone trying to say ones better then the other without any experience with the phone.
You can get the iphone 4 to try out for a month, if you don't like it or the signal is not as good in your area, than take it back for refund and out of the contract. I personally had tried 3 carriers, Sprint, T-Mobile, and ATT, and ATT has been superior to the other 2.

Also, the iphone 4 has the best reception in a phone I've ever had. The areas I had dead spots when I used the 3GS are no longer there. If you really value coverage, stay away from Sprint, they suck and T-Mobiles 3G coverage is a joke. I've never tried Verizon because their phones suck and they nickel and dime their customers on everything.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
You can get the iphone 4 to try out for a month, if you don't like it or the signal is not as good in your area, than take it back for refund and out of the contract. I personally had tried 3 carriers, Sprint, T-Mobile, and ATT, and ATT has been superior to the other 2.

Also, the iphone 4 has the best reception in a phone I've ever had. The areas I had dead spots when I used the 3GS are no longer there. If you really value coverage, stay away from Sprint, they suck and T-Mobiles 3G coverage is a joke. I've never tried Verizon because their phones suck and they nickel and dime their customers on everything.
That's very helpful to know, but the iphone 4 still runs off at&t's coverage and their coverage is not good here, I've had at&t before and tried different phones to see if I'd get a better reception, granted they were not the iphone, but my brother had one and his signal still varied the same as the phones I had. Phones can make a difference in how good of a signal you can get that's been proven, but it doesn't do you any good if you don't have the coverage.

I value coverage since my cell phone is the only thing I have to use and at this point it's between sprint and verizon. I am with Sprint and as far as here in VA Sprint is one of the best and I travel quite a bit on the east coast when I get a chance and Sprint has always done very well for me, so it may not be the best over there but it does wonders over here.

Though i still may check out the iphone 4 for a few days and see if I do get better reception, if I can get a decent amount then by all means I wouldn't mind going back to at&t.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I made a few HD videos and then used iMovie to combine them and add a song and pics to it. Was so quick and easy! Definitely one of those wow moments, here's a link to the vid, the quality is better on my computer I assume Facebook compresses it.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....8077807&ref=mf

WARNING: SOME CURSING AND RUDE GESTURES lol
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
I made a few HD videos and then used iMovie to combine them and add a song and pics to it. Was so quick and easy! Definitely one of those wow moments, here's a link to the vid, the quality is better on my computer I assume Facebook compresses it.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....8077807&ref=mf

WARNING: SOME CURSING AND RUDE GESTURES lol
Damn dude, you did all that straight from the phone? The video is as clear as any camcorder. I never tried iMovie, but it seems awesome.

Just one question, so if you have different videos taken from different times, the imovie just lets you put them together? Also, can the imovie let you trim any scenes you don't want after you stitched everything together? For the music, does it let you use only parts of a song instead of the whole song?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions