PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How long does your iphone battery last?

What is your iphone battery life? Today I tested my iphone 4 by running a heavy usage test since morning. I let it run only on 3G. In the morning I streamed Pandora at work and some internet , after work I listened to the music player through Bluetooth on my Motorola S9HD headphones and I also purposely let the GPS run by using Trapster in the background as I went bike riding.

All together, I got close to 12 hours total of heavy usage. That’s very good and probably the best I ever had on a smartphone. The big battery killer seemed to be the GPS, as soon as I put it on, my battery starting draining quickly. I think without out GPS I probably could’ve easily had another 2 hours.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:24 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How long does your iphone battery last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
What is your iphone battery life? Today I tested my iphone 4 by running a heavy usage test since morning. I let it run only on 3G. In the morning I streamed Pandora at work and some internet , after work I listened to the music player through Bluetooth on my Motorola S9HD headphones and I also purposely let the GPS run by using Trapster in the background as I went bike riding.

All together, I got close to 12 hours total of heavy usage. That’s very good and probably the best I ever had on a smartphone. The big battery killer seemed to be the GPS, as soon as I put it on, my battery starting draining quickly. I think without out GPS I probably could’ve easily had another 2 hours.
I'm still testing. I turned off location stuff to see if that matters and am running 3g
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I'm still testing. I turned off location stuff to see if that matters and am running 3g
I had turned off Notifications and Push email, and set fetch email to check every 30 minutes to get the best battery savings. I left Location services on because I needed it to use the GPS. I also had done a full battery discharge twice so that it gets conditioned properly.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Ive been able to get it to last as long as the whole weekend, that is although factoring that fact that when i drive its charging (iPod integration Kit). I get a good days out of it 8 - 9 hrs, something i was never able to get with my pre and i use it alot more than the pre.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm going to go to downtown Chicago for the weekend, it would be interesting to see how long it will last while using the GPS often as I find my away around town.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

I unplugged my phone this morning at 5am and had moderate, but closer to heavy use and a little over 12 hours later I still have 68% left. I'm hoping this battery is really that good and that I'm not just showing the wrong %
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
I unplugged my phone this morning at 5am and had moderate, but closer to heavy use and a little over 12 hours later I still have 68% left. I'm hoping this battery is really that good and that I'm not just showing the wrong %
Damn that's really good. So far the battery time is amazing. This makes the issue of having replaceable/spare batteries mute. I heard the EVO only gets around 4 hours at most.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Damn that's really good. So far the battery time is amazing. This makes the issue of having replaceable/spare batteries mute. I heard the EVO only gets around 4 hours at most.

The battery life is the whole reason I went with the iPhone 4 over the EVO. I had the Touch Pro and the Mogul before that and just got tired of having to drag a charger everywhere I went. The EVO is a great phone and if it had a comparable battery I would have one today. Still, I am really enjoying the iphone and I am very happy with my choice.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
The battery life is the whole reason I went with the iPhone 4 over the EVO. I had the Touch Pro and the Mogul before that and just got tired of having to drag a charger everywhere I went. The EVO is a great phone and if it had a comparable battery I would have one today. Still, I am really enjoying the iphone and I am very happy with my choice.
Dude, don't even get me started on the Touch Pro. It literally changed my habits, every phone I see now must be constantly plugged in if there are chargers around. It made me into a charger addict.

That bad experience with HTC junk also put me off with the EVO. There is a reason why those guys make a big deal about spare batteries, its because they really need it. Like I said before, Google needs to become its own hardware manufacturer and get away from HTC.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions