PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

so i got word from my Verizon rep that the white iphone 4 will be released in with Verizon that should be great news for you verizon customers waiting for an iphone

Sent from my Evo4G using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

Last edited by PhyscoAssassinx; 06-22-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: haha sorry i kinda jumped the gun, my error its not going to be exclusive but Verizon Will Receive the White iPhone 4
Old 06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

ATT already have white & black iPhone 4s, so this is obviously not true.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They've talking about iphone for VZW for a couple years now, its not gonna happen until 2012 at the earliest. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple, so why would they let Apple go to the competition for? Plus CDMA is on its last legs, Apple isn't going to waste money on a dead technology. I can see a Verizon LTE iPhone though in 2012 after the ATT contract expires and after Verizon rolls out LTE in 2011. You might even see it on Sprint once they switch to LTE.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
They've talking about iphone for VZW for a couple years now, its not gonna happen until 2012 at the earliest. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple, so why would they let Apple go to the competition for? Plus CDMA is on its last legs, Apple isn't going to waste money on a dead technology. I can see a Verizon LTE iPhone though in 2012 after the ATT contract expires and after Verizon rolls out LTE in 2011. You might even see it on Sprint once they switch to LTE.
word is from multiple sources that they renegotiated the contract to allow VZW to start selling CDMA handsets in Q3 or Q4, as long as they allow ATT to get all the 2 year lock ins they can in Q2, I would not be surprised at all to see CDMA handsets by 2011, maybe Q3 there will be an announcement.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
word is from multiple sources that they renegotiated the contract to allow VZW to start selling CDMA handsets in Q3 or Q4, as long as they allow ATT to get all the 2 year lock ins they can in Q2, I would not be surprised at all to see CDMA handsets by 2011, maybe Q3 there will be an announcement.
yea the rep told me there leaning in for a Q3 release
Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I guess we shall soon see, I just don't know why ATT would let that happen. Plus why bother with CDMA when Verizon is scheduled to roll out LTE at the end of this year. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe these rumors are floating around so that current VZW users don't switch to ATT by giving them a false sense of hope that the iphone will eventually come.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I guess we shall soon see, I just don't know why ATT would let that happen. Plus why bother with CDMA when Verizon is scheduled to roll out LTE at the end of this year. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe these rumors are floating around so that current VZW users don't switch to ATT by giving them a false sense of hope that the iphone will eventually come.
Just because Verizon will start rolling out LTE at the end of this year doesn't mean it will completely replace the CDMA network anytime soon. CDMA will be around for awhile, and a CDMA iPhone would make a lot of sense for Apple. You act as if it would be a waste of time to develop a CDMA iPhone and I am not sure why.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Just because Verizon will start rolling out LTE at the end of this year doesn't mean it will completely replace the CDMA network anytime soon. CDMA will be around for awhile, and a CDMA iPhone would make a lot of sense for Apple. You act as if it would be a waste of time to develop a CDMA iPhone and I am not sure why.
It is a waste of time to make a CDMA iphone. It's to limited i.e. no sim voice and data.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM

voice + data is overrated. who actually uses that? I don't and I'm ON GSM, lol.

when i was on sprint it was never an issue. most people are around computers or can get to one or can just browse or talk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

My understanding is that Verizon is planning to use LTE for data and continue using CDMA for a while on voice. I guess we won't know until Verizon actually rolls it out.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions