PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   VZW Iphone in January? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127135)

PhyscoAssassinx 06-22-2010 12:34 PM

so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

so i got word from my Verizon rep that the white iphone 4 will be released in with Verizon that should be great news for you verizon customers waiting for an iphone

Sent from my Evo4G using Tapatalk

orangekid 06-22-2010 12:44 PM

Re: so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

ATT already have white & black iPhone 4s, so this is obviously not true.

NIKKG 06-22-2010 01:08 PM

They've talking about iphone for VZW for a couple years now, its not gonna happen until 2012 at the earliest. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple, so why would they let Apple go to the competition for? Plus CDMA is on its last legs, Apple isn't going to waste money on a dead technology. I can see a Verizon LTE iPhone though in 2012 after the ATT contract expires and after Verizon rolls out LTE in 2011. You might even see it on Sprint once they switch to LTE.

orangekid 06-22-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1830133)
They've talking about iphone for VZW for a couple years now, its not gonna happen until 2012 at the earliest. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple, so why would they let Apple go to the competition for? Plus CDMA is on its last legs, Apple isn't going to waste money on a dead technology. I can see a Verizon LTE iPhone though in 2012 after the ATT contract expires and after Verizon rolls out LTE in 2011. You might even see it on Sprint once they switch to LTE.

word is from multiple sources that they renegotiated the contract to allow VZW to start selling CDMA handsets in Q3 or Q4, as long as they allow ATT to get all the 2 year lock ins they can in Q2, I would not be surprised at all to see CDMA handsets by 2011, maybe Q3 there will be an announcement.

PhyscoAssassinx 06-22-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1830176)
word is from multiple sources that they renegotiated the contract to allow VZW to start selling CDMA handsets in Q3 or Q4, as long as they allow ATT to get all the 2 year lock ins they can in Q2, I would not be surprised at all to see CDMA handsets by 2011, maybe Q3 there will be an announcement.

yea the rep told me there leaning in for a Q3 release

NIKKG 06-22-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1830176)

I guess we shall soon see, I just don't know why ATT would let that happen. Plus why bother with CDMA when Verizon is scheduled to roll out LTE at the end of this year. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe these rumors are floating around so that current VZW users don't switch to ATT by giving them a false sense of hope that the iphone will eventually come.

mlin 06-22-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1830309)
I guess we shall soon see, I just don't know why ATT would let that happen. Plus why bother with CDMA when Verizon is scheduled to roll out LTE at the end of this year. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe these rumors are floating around so that current VZW users don't switch to ATT by giving them a false sense of hope that the iphone will eventually come.

Just because Verizon will start rolling out LTE at the end of this year doesn't mean it will completely replace the CDMA network anytime soon. CDMA will be around for awhile, and a CDMA iPhone would make a lot of sense for Apple. You act as if it would be a waste of time to develop a CDMA iPhone and I am not sure why. :scratch:

nite732 06-23-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1830831)
Just because Verizon will start rolling out LTE at the end of this year doesn't mean it will completely replace the CDMA network anytime soon. CDMA will be around for awhile, and a CDMA iPhone would make a lot of sense for Apple. You act as if it would be a waste of time to develop a CDMA iPhone and I am not sure why. :scratch:

It is a waste of time to make a CDMA iphone. It's to limited i.e. no sim voice and data.

orangekid 06-23-2010 08:55 PM

voice + data is overrated. who actually uses that? I don't and I'm ON GSM, lol.

when i was on sprint it was never an issue. most people are around computers or can get to one or can just browse or talk.

PdaOd 06-25-2010 01:54 AM

My understanding is that Verizon is planning to use LTE for data and continue using CDMA for a while on voice. I guess we won't know until Verizon actually rolls it out.