PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

Well I have an Evo4g phone and I can talk and be on the Internet at the same time and boy do I feel really special it is way overrated but att love show that off with those darn commercials...
Old 06-27-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite732 View Post
It is a waste of time to make a CDMA iphone. It's to limited i.e. no sim voice and data.
CDMA is limited because you can't talk and watch?
And no SIM?!?! I hate the sim and love that I can lock my phone if it is ever stolen or lost.

What else is limiting this so called dead technology? LTE works with both CDMA and GSM.

If you know something we dont know please educate me.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
They've talking about iphone for VZW for a couple years now, its not gonna happen until 2012 at the earliest. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple, so why would they let Apple go to the competition for? Plus CDMA is on its last legs, Apple isn't going to waste money on a dead technology. I can see a Verizon LTE iPhone though in 2012 after the ATT contract expires and after Verizon rolls out LTE in 2011. You might even see it on Sprint once they switch to LTE.
Contracts can always be broken, yes you might have to pay royalties but that can always be broken.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
Well I have an Evo4g phone and I can talk and be on the Internet at the same time and boy do I feel really special it is way overrated but att love show that off with those darn commercials...
Since when does the EVO do both? I never knew that.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
Since when does the EVO do both? I never knew that.
only when you're on "4G" you can use Wimax for data and your CDMA signal for talk.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ya i looked it up after reading that.. pretty cool you have a dedicated radio just for the 4G.. just sucks there isn't much 4G coverage as of now. But sprint is good with there internet not like att i swear my phone will say 3G but i will run a speed test and get crap for speed sometimes not even hitting a Kb. Never knew 3G was so low. With sprint I always had a fast connection just crappy phone lol.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
ya i looked it up after reading that.. pretty cool you have a dedicated radio just for the 4G.. just sucks there isn't much 4G coverage as of now. But sprint is good with there internet not like att i swear my phone will say 3G but i will run a speed test and get crap for speed sometimes not even hitting a Kb. Never knew 3G was so low. With sprint I always had a fast connection just crappy phone lol.
I dunno, man, on 3G and HSDPA on Tmobile I get 1-2 mbps down which is pretty good.

When HSPA+ rolls out Wimax will be over
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We actually do have a VZW rep testing the iphone now

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I dunno, man, on 3G and HSDPA on Tmobile I get 1-2 mbps down which is pretty good.

When HSPA+ rolls out Wimax will be over
ya sprint knows that to, that's why there joining LTE also or so I've read. Like I don't know how they thought they could be the only carrier with WiiMax and survive.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was reading that sprint turned down LTE for their 4g. Are they changing their minds now?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions