PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IPhone to ever un/officially appear on the sprint network?

with the rumor mill call for verizon to get the iphone in january is it theoreticaly possible to unlock/jailbreak and use it with sprint if one ever chose to?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: IPhone to ever un/officially appear on the sprint network?

No because you cannot add an ESN to Sprint's network, but you could use it on Cricket or Boost.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Maybe the iphone will be LTE only since Verizon is rolling it out in November. That could be the reason they are pushing it so early. Then the next iphone for ATT will also be LTE because ATT is planning to follow Verizon.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
No because you cannot add an ESN to Sprint's network, but you could use it on Cricket or Boost.
well a friend mine was able to activate one on t-mobile.i just assumed that the same concept would apply concidering that verizon and sprint are both cdma.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Sprint and Verizon are more picky and require that the phone is purchased branded by them. They don't swap like GSM carriers, or some of the local market type carriers (cricket, metro).

BrennB
Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Maybe the iphone will be LTE only since Verizon is rolling it out in November. That could be the reason they are pushing it so early. Then the next iphone for ATT will also be LTE because ATT is planning to follow Verizon.
not gonna happen..there wont be big enugh LTE coverage even the year after..not to mention voice over LTE spec hasn't been finished I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Boost? from what I remember only Sprint phones can be cheated their way into Boost...Page Plus Cellular would work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
with the rumor mill call for verizon to get the iphone in january is it theoreticaly possible to unlock/jailbreak and use it with sprint if one ever chose to?
NOOOO ANYTHING BUT AN iPhone to Sprint!!! NOOOOO!!!! But it won't be possible, unlike GSM there is no SIM card and it goes by the ESN..they won't add phones to their ESN databases cause they want to force us to use them.

But if it only does come to verizon and not sprint..maybe sprint will allow ppl to add the iphones on their everythign plan... just to cash in on the popularity...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i only ask because my fiance LOVES her iphone and i have a seperate thread about bringing her over to my account. i just thought itd be nice to eventually get her back on an iphone while plan on moving to android
Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
i only ask because my fiance LOVES her iphone and i have a seperate thread about bringing her over to my account. i just thought itd be nice to eventually get her back on an iphone while plan on moving to android
Question is , if Apple still wants % of the money of the plan it may cost extra by itself...but maybe what she needs is a good Android phone and she will never turn back...
Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

unless she likes apps and smoother graphics
Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

well the "discussion"(lol) we are having is if she moves over to my account she has her eyes on the hero
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions