PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iOS 4 GM to iOS 4 Release?

I know Game Center is removed in the official release.

What happens if I update from the GM to the final release? Does the update/restore ultimately "restore" the gamecenter app since it is apart of the backup?

On that note, what happens come Thursday when I get my iPhone 4? Can I do a restore from 3GS, or do I need to download and install all the apps and configure settings again?

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: iOS 4 GM to iOS 4 Release?

Todays release IS the GM release. they have the same version number. 8A293
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

when you get your iPhone 4 if you sync your 3GS first it should install all the apps/contacts/music etc.. when you sync it thru itunes.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
Todays release IS the GM release. they have the same version number. 8A293

Todays release is NOT the GM. It is the same VERSION number, but the byte count is different. Game Center is removed, and others have reported bug fixes for wallpapers on older models.

I'm still waiting for someone that can tear through and list exactly what changed between GM and Official. Bottom line, same version number or not, they ARE different.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Todays release is NOT the GM. It is the same VERSION number, but the byte count is different. Game Center is removed, and others have reported bug fixes for wallpapers on older models.

I'm still waiting for someone that can tear through and list exactly what changed between GM and Official. Bottom line, same version number or not, they ARE different.
I changed mines from the GM to the official release on Monday just to be sure I won't have any issues in the future. So far, it seems faster to me and more stable. Not sure if its true or just my mind playing tricks on me. I gotta say, the iOS4 kicks some serious butt, also the web browser seems so much better and faster. I also use Perfect Browser, it cost .99 from the app store, but its worth every penny because you can make it act like a IE 8 browser and you won't get anymore of those mobile sites.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

The perfect browser is a lick thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This was enough to convince me so I upgraded to the official release. Yes Game Center is gone but I don't really notice much else. I restored also, still not there.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I used iOS4 last night when I bought an iPhone for a friend and I had to jailbreak/unlock it.

I like it, seems to run faster/smoother than 3.1.2, but a lot of my favorite themes don't work for various reasons...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions