PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Wiped iphone- Orangekid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125422)

Biggzz 06-16-2010 01:41 PM

Wiped iphone- Orangekid

I just wiped the used iphone i purchased to erase all the current data. It should only take an hour for the phone to do this and reboot but it wont go back into the OS. Just the apple logo on the screen.

Amy ideas??

drift365 06-16-2010 02:05 PM

Re: Wiped iphone- Orangekid

Does itunes recognize it?

Certs 06-16-2010 02:19 PM

Edit: Just saw you said the apple logo and not the itunes connect screen, sounds like something went wrong in the restore. Like drift said will itunes see the device? If not you may have to try emergency restore mode.

Biggzz 06-16-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certs (Post 1818804)
Edit: Just saw you said the apple logo and not the itunes connect screen, sounds like something went wrong in the restore. Like drift said will itunes see the device? If not you may have to try emergency restore mode.

itunes does not recognize the phone.

Certs 06-16-2010 05:29 PM

Try this:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Keep in mind, its an EXACT process and took me over 10 tries before I got it right! Good luck

Oh, and once this process is complete and the phone is in DFU mode you can then 'restore' through iTunes

orangekid 06-16-2010 06:16 PM

when the iPhone locks up in Apple logo mode you have to do the "hold power + Home" dance to get the phone in DFU or Restore. Running blackra1n while the device is connected has also worked before in rare times.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds, then press add the home key for five seconds or so, then let go of the home key.

Also do this while the device is connected to your PC with the audio on so you can hear the USB connected "bing bing" sound, that way you know to let go of the home key. Once you get the phone in restore or DFU you can use iTunes to restore it.

I would restore it to 3.1.2 NOT 3.1.3 though if you want to unlock it now. If you update to 3.1.3 you cannot unlock till they release the 5.12.01 baseband unlock.

also: you don't have to put my name in thread titles, I am all over this forum and I'll get to it fast, not to mention a few others are pretty good with iPhones here :)

Biggzz 06-17-2010 07:10 AM

I got the phone to restore but now the lock screen pops up and i have no idea what the code is. The phone was already updated to 3.1.3 when i got it too. any ideas on this code?

orangekid 06-17-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1820328)
I got the phone to restore but now the lock screen pops up and i have no idea what the code is. The phone was already updated to 3.1.3 when i got it too. any ideas on this code?

It should not be giving you a code after a restore unless you entered one.

with the device on download and use Spirit Jailbreak and once jailbroken it should work fine.

Worst case scenario you reflash the 3.1.3 IPSW or just "update" it again, on first boot it should have an enter sim/connect to itunes logo but no unlock code.

Biggzz 06-17-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1820403)
It should not be giving you a code after a restore unless you entered one.

with the device on download and use Spirit Jailbreak and once jailbroken it should work fine.

Worst case scenario you reflash the 3.1.3 IPSW or just "update" it again, on first boot it should have an enter sim/connect to itunes logo but no unlock code.

Your link did not work

orangekid 06-18-2010 08:23 AM

spiritjb.com