PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Anyone got iphone 4 pre-ordered today? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125329)

NIKKG 06-15-2010 08:21 PM

Anyone got iphone 4 pre-ordered today?

I've been trying all day at work and finally around 4:30 est it went through. I don't know how they can sell out like they claim when nobody can get through because both ATT and Apple sites were crashing like crazy. If its true, I'll bet they probably sold more iphones today than what EVO will ever sell.

Personally I hate the company Apple, but I got to admit, their phones just work and you don't have to deal with all the bs headaches you get from the other smartphones with all that constant ROM tweaking crap.

orangekid 06-15-2010 08:25 PM

Re: Anyone got iphone 4 pre-ordered today?

since I am going to get one and unlock it I can't officially buy it from Apple, but I know they sold a shitload today and I can't wait to rock mine.

NIKKG 06-15-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1817467)
since I am going to get one and unlock it I can't officially buy it from Apple, but I know they sold a shitload today and I can't wait to rock mine.

If you put it on T-Mobile, its gonna suck big time. No 3G and T-Mobile service in general sucks big time, I returned my Nexus 1 before switching to the 3GS 4 months ago just because I couldn't stand T-Mobile, they were worse than Sprint. I guess you better get used to the wifi on your iphone.

orangekid 06-15-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1817474)
If you put it on T-Mobile, its gonna suck big time. No 3G and T-Mobile service in general sucks big time, I returned my Nexus 1 before switching to the 3GS 4 months ago just because I couldn't stand T-Mobile, they were worse than Sprint. I guess you better get used to the wifi on your iphone.

actually T-Mobile has much better customer satisfaction as far as reception goes than ATT. I live in a huge metro area, and I get awesome T-Mobile coverage, my HD2 is almost always getting HSDPA which sees Wimax speeds at times. ATT is like the worst network ever, dropped calls, capping data, way overpriced. I don't mind using Edge on the iPhone, at least my calls won't drop, and there are wifi hotspots like every block here lol.

NIKKG 06-15-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1817479)
actually T-Mobile has much better customer satisfaction as far as reception goes than ATT. I live in a huge metro area, and I get awesome T-Mobile coverage, my HD2 is almost always getting HSDPA which sees Wimax speeds at times. ATT is like the worst network ever, dropped calls, capping data, way overpriced. I don't mind using Edge on the iPhone, at least my calls won't drop, and there are wifi hotspots like every block here lol.

I gotta admit I do get dropped calls when I'm on 3G and i hope the new iphone can fix it with the better antennas. I also read that the dropped calls also might be because there are too many iphone users that degrade ATT service. True, ATT is as expensive as VZW, but I get a 25% off corp discount, which works on voice and data, so its not too bad. If I had to pay full price, I'll go to Sprint and get the EVO. I don't care how good a phone is, I'll never pay over a 100 buck for service no matter what.

NIKKG 06-15-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1817479)

Also, ATT customer service has been great because when I've gotten dropped calls and I get pissed off, I'd call them to complain, usually they give me 25$ off as a courtesy. Last month I had a cool CS lady and she gave me $75 off and last week they gave me $150 cause I threatened to quit. So as of right now, they own me money and I have a negative balance. They also told me in a couple of weeks a new tower is coming up thats close by. I guess you can say that the past few months they been paying me to stay on! And thats on top of my 25% corp discount!

orangekid 06-15-2010 08:56 PM

well yeah, but I mean I pay $60 a month for unlimted web, text, and mobile to mobile, with 500 mins and no dropped calls. So I'm happy stickin an iPhone 4 on tmobile :)

Certs 06-16-2010 02:35 PM

I did but I'm stuck going there on launch day to pick it up. Could be worse, a lot of people have to wait until july now

physicsguy 06-16-2010 04:29 PM

I am one of the lucky ones that will have a 32 GB iphone 4 delivered on launch day. I am a little nervous about switching from Verizon to AT&T but I am hoping that it won't be too bad.

mlin 06-16-2010 04:35 PM

My wife wants one, she is sick of her pre (I don't blame her). But we are going to wait to see if there is a CDMA announcement following the GSM release and hopefully get one on Sprint. If not, she will probably get an EVO like me.