PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wiped iphone- Orangekid

I just wiped the used iphone i purchased to erase all the current data. It should only take an hour for the phone to do this and reboot but it wont go back into the OS. Just the apple logo on the screen.

Amy ideas??
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: Wiped iphone- Orangekid

Does itunes recognize it?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Edit: Just saw you said the apple logo and not the itunes connect screen, sounds like something went wrong in the restore. Like drift said will itunes see the device? If not you may have to try emergency restore mode.

Last edited by Certs; 06-16-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Edit: Just saw you said the apple logo and not the itunes connect screen, sounds like something went wrong in the restore. Like drift said will itunes see the device? If not you may have to try emergency restore mode.
itunes does not recognize the phone.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Try this:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Keep in mind, its an EXACT process and took me over 10 tries before I got it right! Good luck

Oh, and once this process is complete and the phone is in DFU mode you can then 'restore' through iTunes
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

when the iPhone locks up in Apple logo mode you have to do the "hold power + Home" dance to get the phone in DFU or Restore. Running blackra1n while the device is connected has also worked before in rare times.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds, then press add the home key for five seconds or so, then let go of the home key.

Also do this while the device is connected to your PC with the audio on so you can hear the USB connected "bing bing" sound, that way you know to let go of the home key. Once you get the phone in restore or DFU you can use iTunes to restore it.

I would restore it to 3.1.2 NOT 3.1.3 though if you want to unlock it now. If you update to 3.1.3 you cannot unlock till they release the 5.12.01 baseband unlock.

also: you don't have to put my name in thread titles, I am all over this forum and I'll get to it fast, not to mention a few others are pretty good with iPhones here

Last edited by orangekid; 06-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

I got the phone to restore but now the lock screen pops up and i have no idea what the code is. The phone was already updated to 3.1.3 when i got it too. any ideas on this code?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I got the phone to restore but now the lock screen pops up and i have no idea what the code is. The phone was already updated to 3.1.3 when i got it too. any ideas on this code?
It should not be giving you a code after a restore unless you entered one.

with the device on download and use Spirit Jailbreak and once jailbroken it should work fine.

Worst case scenario you reflash the 3.1.3 IPSW or just "update" it again, on first boot it should have an enter sim/connect to itunes logo but no unlock code.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
It should not be giving you a code after a restore unless you entered one.

with the device on download and use Spirit Jailbreak and once jailbroken it should work fine.

Worst case scenario you reflash the 3.1.3 IPSW or just "update" it again, on first boot it should have an enter sim/connect to itunes logo but no unlock code.
Your link did not work
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 AM

spiritjb.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions